You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: Jodie Foster Comes Out Of The Closet

James wrote:

by Ethan Jacobs
staff reporter
Thursday Dec 6, 2007

Maybe it was that Out magazine cover, or maybe it just felt right, but Jodie Foster finally came out of the closet on Tuesday while receiving an award at the Women in Entertainment Breakfast. The Los Angeles Daily News reports that Foster thanked "my beautiful love Cydney who sticks with me through all the rotten and the bliss," which refers to her long-rumored partner, Cydney Bernard.

Does this mean we're going to see Jodie give a tear-soaked interview to Diane Sawyer, write some god-awful memoir about her life in the closet ("Silence of the Lez"? "The Well of Jodieness"?), and go on a tour giving keynote speeches at HRC dinners across the country? God, I hope not. I'm all for out and proud celebs who aren't afraid to talk about LGBT rights (Sir Ian McKellen and Sheryl Swoopes come immediately to mind), but Jodie's determination to keep her private life private has always struck me more as classy than closety, and I can't imagine that her desire for privacy will change now that she's confirmed what we pretty much knew all along.

I'm guessing she'll follow the Nathan Lane/Neil Patrick Harris/Michael Stipe school of celebrity coming out by letting the world know that yes, she's partnered to a woman, but that she'd much rather talk about her work. At a time when every Hollywood celebrity seems to be starring in their own reality show or having their photos splattered all over Perez Hilton or In Touch Weekly, Jodie's reserve is a welcome change. I'll take Jodie Foster over Tila Tequila any day.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Obviously, this isn't a surprise.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Jameslofton wrote:

Obviously, this isn't a surprise.

Exactly what I was thinking.

AtariLegend wrote:

I'm surprised I never got any of the hints, considering the long career she had, this is major.

Tommie
 Rep: 67 

Tommie wrote:

You guys are right, its not even a whimper of a suprise...I'd still do her though.  :bed:

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

nugdafied wrote:

Weird, I always thought she had come out forever ago. Must've just been unofficial rumors I was reading.

Tommie
 Rep: 67 

Tommie wrote:
russtcb wrote:
Tommie wrote:

You guys are right, its not even a whimper of a suprise...I'd still do her though.  :bed:

LOL. But would she want to do you is the question? I believe she answered that for us, lol.

True, but in all honestly the fantasy is actually better now.  I mean now its not just her, its her and her chick.  16

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Board footer