You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Tommie
 Rep: 67 

Re: Man finds condom in his burger from Burger King

Tommie wrote:

Vermont Customer Sues Burger King After Finding Unwrapped Condom in Sandwich

Saturday , December 08, 2007

AP
ADVERTISEMENT

MONTPELIER, Vermont  '”
A man who says he bit into a Burger King sandwich and found an unwrapped condom inside has sued the owner of the restaurant.

Van Miguel Hartless, 24, of Fair Haven, said Friday he bought the Southwestern Whopper at a Burger King in Rutland on June 18 and made the discovery when he got home and started eating it.

"My third bite into the burger, it was just a foreign taste," he said. "It was a very sour, bitter sort of taste. It almost had a numbing sensation.

"As I went to bite down a little harder, I felt a rubber grind in between my teeth. I saw it half in my mouth, half hanging out. It was an immediate sick-to-my-stomach type of thing."

Hartless said he waited three weeks before contacting an attorney. His lawsuit, filed Nov. 16, names store owner Carrols Corp., of Syracuse, N.Y., and seeks damages for pain and suffering, emotional duress and medical expenses.

Messages left with Carrols Corp. were not returned Friday. A spokeswoman for Burger King said it has referred the matter to Carrols Corp.

Similar claims have turned out to be fraudulent in other cases. A California couple was sentenced to nine years in prison in 2006 for planting a severed finger in a bowl of Wendy's chili in a scheme to extort money from the fast-food chain.

Hartless, a student at Green Mountain College, defended his claim.

A search of court filings in Rutland Superior Court '” where Hartless' suit was filed '” and the Civil Court in El Paso, Texas, where he lived before showed no prior or existing lawsuits, according to the Rutland Herald, which first reported the lawsuit Friday.

Hartless' lawyer, Devin McLaughlin, said he had Hartless undergo a lie detector test before the suit was filed, and that he passed "with flying colors."

Hartless said he has suffered from vomiting, nightmares and emotional distress. He said he also has incurred medical expenses, because he is worried about whether the condom had been used.

He said stored the sandwich and its original wrapper in a plastic bag in a freezer in his garage.
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,316122,00.html

------------------------------

Just another reason to stay the fuck away from fast food chains.

Gunslinger
 Rep: 88 

Gunslinger wrote:

Why would he bite down a little harder after tasting "a very sour, bitter sort of taste" that "almost had a numbing sensation?"  Sounds like bullshit to me circa the Wendy's "finger in the chili" sort.

Tommie
 Rep: 67 

Tommie wrote:

It was unwrapped. 

I'm a naturally paranoid person, so if this were to happen to me I'd be having a heart attack just thinking about all the diseases that I may have just gotten.

Gunslinger

Gunslinger wrote:
Tommie wrote:

It was unwrapped. 

I'm a naturally paranoid person, so if this were to happen to me I'd be having a heart attack just thinking about all the diseases that I may have just gotten.

I read that and had just deleted my reply ("at least it was wrapped") before I saw this post, sorry. 

I have to agree with you on the paranoia thing.  When it comes to something like that I would be scared shitless too.  Don't want to even imagine what could be going on in the body after biting into a used "raincoat"!!  I kind of think this dude is lying though based on the reasons I gave earlier.  Let's hope he is anyway.

If that this is true   ewwsign.gif

It's possible that this guy could be totally lying and planted the condom himself and bit it before putting in there which he is now storing as evidence.

I am interested to see the outcome.  Unfortunately, if they cannot disprove that one of the workers didn't do it, he could defintely get money out of this.   If it's turns out to be true, then he deserves every penny that he gets because can you imagine if you bit into a used condom. :sick:

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

I don't believe it. He waited way too fucking long if this really happened. If you really bit into a rubber while eating a burger, you aint waiting weeks to say something.

He's going to lose his case. Even if it really happened. Too much doubt because he took so long to react to it.

Gunslinger

Gunslinger wrote:

I agree James, his biting down harder AFTER tasting something wrong and then waiting before telling the story = bullshit.  I'd be so pissed I would have been in jail for going in and tearing somebody's head off, no way in fuck I'd be passive enough to go through that and wait.

Backslash
 Rep: 80 

Backslash wrote:

Did the guy order extra pickles and secret sauce?

Gunslinger

Gunslinger wrote:
Backslash wrote:

Did the guy order extra pickles and secret sauce?

So...it was YOU wasn't it!?  BASTARD!! 

(Just for the record Backslash often gets secret sauce and unwrapped condoms)  16

Will
 Rep: 227 

Will wrote:

I would be so pissed off if that happened to me 14

Board footer