You are not logged in. Please register or login.

jamester
 Rep: 84 

Re: BUMBLEFOOT: Don't Hold Your Breath For New GUNS N' ROSES Album - Nov.

jamester wrote:

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbe … nt=Twitter

bumbleface.jpg

BUMBLEFOOT: Don't Hold Your Breath For New GUNS N' ROSES Album - Nov. 11, 2010
GUNS N' ROSES fans shouldn't expect a new studio album from the band anytime soon, according to the band's guitarist, Ron "Bumblefoot" Thal. Even though GUNS N' ROSES axeman D.J. Ashba said in an interview at last week's launch party for the "Call Of Duty: Black Ops" video game that the band is "throwing around a bunch of ideas" for its next CD, Bumblefoot doesn't believe that a new GN'R album will surface in the foreseeable future. He writes on his Facebook page, "We've yet to get in a room and write as a band." He adds, "[i] know D.J. mentioned something about a new album, but don't want y'all expecting anything soon. Other than old unreleased ['Chinese Democracy'] songs, songs need to be written, jammed, recorded, tweaked, re-worked, re-recorded, mixed, re-mixed, mastered, re-mastered, art, new art, label approval, a game plan from the label that Axl [Rose, lead singer] approves.... not as simple when it's on such a big scale... Just don't want ya getting frustrated if a GN'R album doesn't happen quick..."

Rose himself hinted in an interview back in 2002 that he had compiled enough songs to release follow-ups to "Chinese Democracy" in rapid succession, saying, "The plan is to drop the record. Have a bunch of extra tracks . . . about a year or so down the road, drop another record, and drop a third record. This is a three stage thing; we'll be touring for a real long time."

In addition to Ashba, Thal and sole original member Rose, the current lineup of GUNS N' ROSES includes guitarist Richard Fortus, bassist Tommy Stinson, keyboardists Dizzy Reed and Chris Pitman and drummer Frank Ferrer.

GUNS N' ROSES' latest album, "Chinese Democracy", was released in November 2008 as a Best Buy exclusive, 17 years after the last all-original GUNS sets, "Use Your Illusion I" and "II". The album was a commercial disappointment, selling less than one million copies in the U.S. (according to Nielsen SoundScan) despite the long wait.

Bumblefoot joined GUNS N' ROSES in early 2006 as the replacement for Buckethead. He made his live debut with the band at the Hammerstein Ballroom in New York City on May 12, 2006.

Ashba joined GUNS N' ROSES in March 2009 following the departure of Robin Finck.

jamester

jamester wrote:

http://www.gnrevolution.com/viewtopic.php?id=8883&p=6
Wow we had info from the band before Blabber!
Its amazing the amount of info they put out ( usually from other sources)Ii can leave the PC for a few hrs and come back and there is sometimes 10-30 tweets just from them and each is about a different bit of news.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

And apparently even CDII isn't in the works either. I would think after nearly a year on the road, if Axl had plans to rework the vault and put out CDII in 2011, that he would've at least mentioned it to the guys... nothing.

I think a reunion is more likely than an album right now, and neither are gonna happen very soon.

Fuckin' sucks. It's hard to be a fan of GN'R most of the time. They don't do any fuckin' thing.

jamester

jamester wrote:

Cd2 has been in the works "same bat time same bat channel next year".
DJ did not specify a date
Heres how the bumble thing came about: to kep things in context
He said he wrote 2 songs. people started flooding him with when is release date? Is this GnR or solo, Where is better video? IMO he responded in a polite way. And Fans took his new songs as cd2 was gonna be in there stockings this year. I know I was excited about the whole thing.

(edited for length)
Bumblefoot
Got a song written, called 'Father'. Working on next song 'Invisible' - that'll be the first one released.....
Yesterday at 8:18pm · LikeUnlike · Comment

o
            Edna Little Patience Wow!!! wanna hear them!!!u rock my sexy beard;)
            Yesterday at 8:19pm · LikeUnlike ·
          o
            Maga Rose Great! Good luck Ron! I love you♥
          o
            Leatrice Faraco Daros Awesome!!! Can't wait to hear it!! smile
          o
            Joe Mihaloew Sweet, dude! Releasin' em one at a time or will you have a complete album eventually? Either way I'm stoked for the new stuff.
            Yesterday at 8:20pm · LikeUnlike ·
          o
            Pauly Rose yeah!!! congratulations Ron smile
            Yesterday at 8:21pm · LikeUnlike ·
          o
            Adam Marks please tell me this album will be a third part of the normal series, "Paranormal" perhaps? big_smile
            Yesterday at 8:21pm · LikeUnlike ·
          o
            Jeff Perrine Can't wait man!
            Yesterday at 8:22pm · LikeUnlike ·

o**************************************
      **      Mike Cortez this is gn`r work?***********
            Yesterday at 8:25pm · LikeUnlike ·*********
          o***********************************
     o
            Toni Hangasmäki When better music video is out ?
            Yesterday at 8:30pm · LikeUnlike ·
          o
            Lorenzo Mosci Bumble, listen "Father" by Manowar...very good song
            Yesterday at 8:32pm · LikeUnlike ·
          o
            Mikko Runolinna Hope you follow in the steps of Manowar and record Father in multiple languages smile
            Yesterday at 8:35pm · LikeUnlike · 1 personLoading... ·
          o
            Patrícia Morganho Well, as you're my favourite guitar player on GN'R, went to check your solo stuff the other day (I know, shame on me for taking so long to do it) and loved it all. smile
            Good luck with the new stuff. I'll be here all curious to hear it wink
            Yesterday at 8:43pm · LikeUnlike ·
          o
            Tatiane Pereira I know it will be beautiful songs
            Yesterday at 8:48pm · LikeUnlike ·
          o
            Lili Britto Can't wait! tongue luv u!!! big_smile
            Yesterday at 8:52pm · LikeUnlike ·
          o
******   Bumblefoot << Releasin' em one at a time or will you have a complete album eventually? >> one at a time. (This isn't GNR stuff, my own stuff...)*************************************
            Yesterday at 9:02pm · LikeUnlike · 10 peopleLoading... ·
          o
****** Bumblefoot << When better music video is out ? >> Sorry man, that's out of my control. All I got's this... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWGKzgUCNzs and this... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JrYfxJk3 … **********
            Yesterday at 9:10pm · LikeUnlike · 3 peopleLoading... ·
          o
******** Scotty Vuono when ya gonna start on new GNR stuff? Msg me the answer so i aint gotta look to see if you answered. Thanks bro and ROCK ON...**************************************************
            Yesterday at 9:12pm · LikeUnlike ·
          o
          o
            Joseph Charles Sweet Jesus! You're working on Bumblefoot stuff?! YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS! Thanks so much Ron. I think Normal and Abnormal are two of the greatest albums in the last decade. Serious. I buy it all...whatever you do. Bring it.
            Yesterday at 9:22pm · LikeUnlike ·

George Tchantouria Lol, after waiting for Chinese, this wont be a problem. But back to you! How long until your stuff is out?
            Yesterday at 9:54pm · LikeUnlike ·
            Darian Thomas What happened to the Bumblefoot Guitar?
            Yesterday at 9:55pm · L

Scotty Vuono thanks for responding to my ? Ron...cant wait to hear your new tunes and future GNR tunes too...
            Yesterday at 10:06pm · LikeUnlike ·
          o
            David Acevedô BBfot are we going to have 'soon' the Guns N' Roses tour DVD @ Southamerica or it's out of you too?
            Cheers bud.
            Yesterday at 10:25pm ·
          o

23 hours ago · LikeUnlike · 5 people5 people like this. ·
          o
            Jose's Cantina Good night! Sleep tight and let the unconscious take over now! For that is where the lyrics come from within' !!!
            23 hours ago · LikeUnlike ·
          o
            David Acevedô &#8206;10x for answering my question bumble... keep rockin!!
            I love how Down to earth are you, and Dj
            Can't wait lo listen your new song,,, can you show us a preview as soon as you can? Cheers
          o
            Judith Todd loved you in Belfast, any plans to come back this way     

Julia Angela Interesting news! Thanks for sharing! How sweet of you to take the time to fill us in and even answer questions! Most profi musicians would be too fanciful for things like that.... ·

Michael Dowling Cannot wait to hear the stuff!!!!!!!!!!! Am i selfish for hoping that the Beard can kidnap you in the GnR downtime to do a solo tour? big_smile

Thomas Murray I had figure as much. i'm patient. and quite content with the original Chinese album(that'll keep me going). New material is exciting but i would rather wait a while and get another top quality cd like chinese, if that takes a few years so be it. thanks for the reply!

w there's tons of Chi Dem material yet to be released,right? Any chance of maybe 1 or 2 songs from any of those sessions making in onto the next record? DJ sounds like Axl's got some grea...t S*** up his sleeve ,as he puts it.Whixh I have no trouble believing.Just curious.Can ya comment on these songs at all.With a simple "they are GREAT","naw,you'll never heaer them" or "please stop asking these stupid questions!".Ha.Thanks man.I met ya briefly after the Hammerstein gig in NY on the 15'th.Your an awesome guy.Very likeable.I'm happy things have been goin so well for you.

Bumblefoot << Bumblefoot Guitar? >> It's resting peaceful in its case smile << How long until your stuff is out? >> Not sure, but since it's starting with 1 song digitally-only, it should speed up the process. First step is finishing these lyrics and recording them, hopefully before hitting the road again... << DVD @ Southamerica >> Haven't heard any plans about live DVD's being released by GNR. Plenty of footage already out there tho......... ok, back to writing!! Gnite!! big_smile
                  23 hours ago · ·

Alot of the same type of questions followed even after he gave the answers.

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

slashsfro wrote:

Two things here--those songs Bumblefoot wrote were for his own solo album.  He already released one when the band was on "hiatus." 

I guess Axl was wrong when he said he had 60 songs or whatever ready to release. 

Sorry, I'm not believing DJ Ashba's claim over Bumblefoot.  The guy who has been in the band for a longer time and is a straight shooter wins out over the new guy.

The Chinese Democracy saga continues again.

Rex
 Rep: 50 

Rex wrote:

Well isn't this the fuckin news flash of the century.

Chris Piss
 Rep: 1 

Chris Piss wrote:

Still working hard on the video for Better rite guyz???~

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

It's kind of a double-edged sword for these guys. Ron has the honesty and coolness to come out and basically squash the GN'R thing out of the gate, almost to repair DJ's greenhorn mistake, he's actually helping the guy not get barraged. Yet Ron knows to immediately squash that it ain't GN'R stuff, he knows 97% of all the interest dies, because "oh, it's just Bumblefoot shit", and they know the only reason anyone has any interest in their stuff is because of GN'R.

Guys like Slash & Izzy can get away with using GN'R to promote solo material, but as soon as these new members do it they shoot themselves in the foot. It's gotta be GN'R or fuck off, because the interest is only there at a finger nail's length. Outside of Buckethead (a former member) and Tommy Stinson, I don't usually see anyone give a shit about the current band's side projects.

Dadud
 Rep: 14 

Dadud wrote:

he does say "other than old unreleased Chi dem songs," though. maybe by new he means New New, as in stuff the new band writes together.  Maybe CD2 and 3 are still in the works. and we just dont know anything about it yet, or thats what DJ was talking about.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

And apparently even CDII isn't in the works either. I would think after nearly a year on the road, if Axl had plans to rework the vault and put out CDII in 2011, that he would've at least mentioned it to the guys... nothing.

I think a reunion is more likely than an album right now, and neither are gonna happen very soon.

Fuckin' sucks. It's hard to be a fan of GN'R most of the time. They don't do any fuckin' thing.

I don't agree with this. It's pretty clear all the members have no clue what's going on. For some reason I think Bumble might be out of the loop even more than others.... And for some really strange reason, I think DJ might be more in the loop with Axl than anyone.

But besides that, I think the old guys have learned their lesson about predicting a release date on any GNR album and Ron was trying to put out the eventual fire.

Board footer