You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Naltav
 Rep: 70 

Re: BUMBLEFOOT: Don't Hold Your Breath For New GUNS N' ROSES Album - Nov.

Naltav wrote:

To me, this is positive news:

jamester062001 wrote:

BUMBLEFOOT: " know D.J. mentioned something about a new album, but don't want y'all expecting anything soon. Other than old unreleased ['Chinese Democracy'] songs, songs need to be written, jammed, recorded, tweaked, re-worked, re-recorded, mixed, re-mixed, mastered, re-mastered, art, new art, label approval, a game plan from the label that Axl [Rose, lead singer] approves.... not as simple when it's on such a big scale... Just don't want ya getting frustrated if a GN'R album doesn't happen quick..."

It's very clear from this statement, that more CD-material are likely what we'll see when a new GNR-album is released!

I'm confident that Axl and GNR are doing what they can to release any of the material that they see as a part of the CD-opus. And THAT is what DJ was talking about!

Ron appartently felt the need to correct that "don't expect new NEW material from the current lineup any time soon!"

If CDII sees the light of day before, during or after a US-tour is anybody's fuckin' guess! Hopefully GNR's tour activities during the past year may have soften the relationship with the label and they see that the (square!) wheels on the GNR-camp defies the laws of phisics and are now in fluid motion!

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
Naltav wrote:

To me, this is positive news:

jamester062001 wrote:

BUMBLEFOOT: " know D.J. mentioned something about a new album, but don't want y'all expecting anything soon. Other than old unreleased ['Chinese Democracy'] songs, songs need to be written, jammed, recorded, tweaked, re-worked, re-recorded, mixed, re-mixed, mastered, re-mastered, art, new art, label approval, a game plan from the label that Axl [Rose, lead singer] approves.... not as simple when it's on such a big scale... Just don't want ya getting frustrated if a GN'R album doesn't happen quick..."

It's very clear from this statement, that more CD-material are likely what we'll see when a new GNR-album is released!

I'm confident that Axl and GNR are doing what they can to release any of the material that they see as a part of the CD-opus. And THAT is what DJ was talking about!

Ron appartently felt the need to correct that "don't expect new NEW material from the current lineup any time soon!"

If CDII sees the light of day before, during or after a US-tour is anybody's fuckin' guess! Hopefully GNR's tour activities during the past year may have soften the relationship with the label and they see that the (square!) wheels on the GNR-camp defies the laws of phisics and are now in fluid motion!

Yeah, I think people took DJ's comments and ran with them, making up their own dreams and fantasies for GNR's future.  DJ never said the new lineup had all gotten together and written some kickass tunes that will be released next November at the latest.  Yet, that's how some people seemed to take it.  And now that Ron has spoken out, people are convinced we're not getting another album for another 10 years.

It's possible it could be somewhere in the middle guys.  Let's just chill out for a bit.  And I'm with Russ.  I was always more interested in the US tour anyway.  Let's get working on that.  Now if it turns out DJ was wrong about THAT.  THEN, I'll be upset.  But I have no problems with his comments on a new album.  I think people are overreacting a bit.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:

A brief tour in 2011, silence in the rest of the year and 2012, then something will be happening in 2012... maybe. If everything goes as planned, the planets are in the right constallation and Axl got his new crystal ball.

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

People really think we're ever getting more Guns N' Roses music?

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:
Communist China wrote:

More new music under the name Guns N' Roses? Yes. But soon is not the word.
I don't hold my breath or anything, since CD didn't convince me - but I still follow Axl, cause he's extremely talented, but even more crazy, paranoid, bitter and insecure.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:

As Gn'R fans and for those of you who really liked CD why would any of you be more interested in a US tour than a new album?  Or do you just mean more excited for it because you felt it was more likley to happen? Cause honestly if it ment they continued to put out albums I'd trade touring for albums from any band I like.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

huntermc
 Rep: 12 

huntermc wrote:
Bono wrote:

As Gn'R fans and for those of you who really liked CD why would any of you be more interested in a US tour than a new album?  Or do you just mean more excited for it because you felt it was more likley to happen? Cause honestly if it ment they continued to put out albums I'd trade touring for albums from any band I like.

Given the choice, I'd much rather have CD pt 2 & 3 than a US tour. But is it too much to expect both a new album and tour? Oh yeah, nevermind, this is the Axl Rose Show we're talking about.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
Communist China wrote:

No I don't think anyone thinks that will happen.

It's more about 'hoping' it will happen.

Board footer