You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Re: BUMBLEFOOT: Don't Hold Your Breath For New GUNS N' ROSES Album - Nov.

Aussie wrote:

Yeah I gotta say even though I am seeing GNR again in a couple of weeks and it should be a great time, I would have passed on the experience in exchange for some new material.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
russtcb wrote:
Bono wrote:

... do you just mean more excited for it because you felt it was more likley to happen?

This.

For me, when I saw that DJ clip it was like he said "blah blah blah blah US Tour blah blah blah blah"

The part about a new album didn't even phaze me. Would I love a new Guns N' Roses album? Ofcourse! Do I think we'll hear one any remote time soon? Not so much.

Yeah, that's my line of thinking as well.  I'm just being realistic.  An album could take YEARS.  Even DJ trying to be as optimistic as possible saying it wouldn't take AS LONG, wasn't really all that comforting to me.  A US tour in February though?  Now that, I could handle.  And obviously I think it's a lot more likely.  So far most of the rumored tour dates have come true and GNR was re-tweeting about the US comments, so I do hold out some hope for that actually happening.  An album, check back with me in 5 years.

emcitymisfit
 Rep: 28 

emcitymisfit wrote:

michael jackson releases a record posthumously faster than axl.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I still don't believe it's Michael Jackson.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
Communist China wrote:

People really think we're ever getting more Guns N' Roses music?

For some reason I do. Don't get me wrong, not expecting anything in the short or even medium term.

But I sort of feel that one day Axl will give us something else.

I have no basis to think it other than that it's rare for a creative type to totally quit music. I mean I guess he could just record stuff in secret forever...but lets hope not!

johndivney wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

other than that it's rare for a creative type to totally quit music.

don't think it's that rare, syd barrett immediately springs to mind.
IF axl was insecure enough i can easily see him retreating into his own little world completely, maybe still recording music but keeping it safely in the vault until he kicks the ultimate bucket..

for many years i really thought that was the direction we were headed. thought there was a chance we wouldn't see CD til he died in 30/40 years time.
& once this world tour does wind up (& who knows yet under what circumstances the tour will finish) we're faced with more uncertainty.

as far as i'm concerned, i'm not looking beyond the australia dates at the end of this year - at least until U.S. dates get confirmed.
there is so much unresolved BS with this band. there was a chance post-CD the clusterfuck would get cleaned up & the slate wiped fresh but here we stand with a touring band, a couple of long time full band members & axl. axl who has so many problems they just multiply like bacteria infecting & corrupting everything in GnR. there is no reason, outside of axl, why the band couldn't have been touring & writing & recording strong GnR-worthy material - Tommy's recent tune is evidence of that, a song as strong as any of the 'filler' on CD or Illusions.
my point is, axl & gnr have the tools at their disposal to be a fully functioning & successful, be it touring or releasing albums/songs. except for some heavy hang-ups by the captain of the ship. so until he gets his shit together again, or is forced to (but that's another old debate - how much he gave into pressure in getting CD finally released) we're not going to see any more new (or new old) material in public.

jamester
 Rep: 84 

jamester wrote:

Im with monkey!

"Same bat time same bat channel next year"
to me this means Axl planned to release, promote.tour.time off,release, promote.tour it just did not  work out ( x manager lawsuits, robin quit, errors on the CD book, legal issues on better video,) or whatever else may have came up.

I am  thinkig it will be till after they finish the tour and take some time off. and come back and finish up the behind the scenes stuff. Who wouldnt try to set everything up in there favor?

Given history I also know it could get delayed I just chose to keep positive about it.  Shit happens! 16

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Yeah, the more I think about it, the more it seems to me that Axl has said, or at least it could be implied, numerous times over the years that there might eventually be other records, or that CD would be more than one album of material.

Now I wouldn't take that as him owing us, or promicing anything, but rather an indication of an idea or vague plan he had at that moment. Clearly a lot of other bullshit has come up over the years and distracted from those plans, and therefore I wouldn't assume anything would ever happen, however, at the same time, i also wouldn't discount it from happening either.

I see no reason why at some future date when there's a period of calm that Axl might not decide to release a follow up. Not saying it will happen, but there's also nothing stoping it really.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

I don't think it's a case of Axl not wanting to release any more music or not having confidence in it.  I think it's more of him wanting to release it on his terms.  He obviously doesn't see eye to eye with the record label and/or management.  He never has and probably never will.  But these things have seemingly gotten progressively worse over the years and I don't see them getting better anytime soon.  Thus it becomes harder and harder for him to come to terms with any plans to release his "art" in a manner he sees fit.  I would like to believe DJ when he says a follow up won't take "as long" as CD, but we've really been given no reason to believe that to be the case.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

bumble isnt saying that it wont happen, he's just saying that there will be alot of red tape to sort through for it to come out...but maybe, just maybe they really are debating one starting the wheels a turnin for its release, who knows, either way i'm not gonna get to excited about it until a release date is announced

Board footer