You are not logged in. Please register or login.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

Re: Sebastian Bach Thread

metallex78 wrote:

SEBASTIAN BACH: 'Kicking & Screaming' Artwork, Track Listing Revealed - July 8, 2011

bachkicking.jpg

Former SKID ROW singer Sebastian Bach will release his new solo album, "Kicking & Screaming", on September 27 via Frontiers Records. The CD was produced by Bob Marlette (BLACK SABBATH, SHINEDOWN, ATREYU, FILTER) and features young virtuosic guitarist Nick Sterling and drum pro Bobby Jarzombek (HALFORD, RIOT, ICED EARTH). The follow-up to 2007's "Angel Down" was mastered at Precision Mastering in Los Angeles with Tom Baker.

"Kicking & Screaming" track listing:

01. Kicking & Screaming
02. My Own Worst Enemy
03. TunnelVision (featuring John 5)
04. Dance On Your Grave
05. Caught In A Dream
06. As Long As I Got The Music
07. I'm Alive
08. Dirty Power
09. Live The Life
10. Dream Forever
11. One Good Reason
12. Lost In The Light
13. Wishin'

Bonus tracks:
14. Jumpin' Off The Wagon (on physical CD/DVD editions only)
15. Ain't There Yet (iTunes exclusive)

Bach filmed two new video videos on June 28 in Hollywood, California with director Devin DeHaven of Fortress Entertainment (PAPA ROACH, WHITESNAKE, METHOD MAN, TALIB KWELI).

In a recent online posting, Bach stated, "[I just had a] marathon studio session with director Devin DeHaven , making sure the videos are perfect and the bonus materials are stellar ... Which they are! This is the most satisfying experience I have had creatively in a long time.

"Frontiers Records has pulled out all the stops and I have been creating new music and bonus materials for literally months now. We have the new music, three new videos, bonuses galore, new everything!!

"If you were ever a fan, now is the time to rejoice because I am gonna give you so much new Bach 'n' Roll, your ears & eyes are gonna bleed, mothertruckers!!!"

Sebastian previously stated that the "Kicking & Screaming" cover would feature "the hottest model in the land" — presumably referring to his new girlfriend, 25-year-old model Minnie Gupta — "and reflect the lyrics as well as the brutality of the music. It's gonna be rock 'n' roll to the 9th degree — very heavy, cool, trippy and nightmare-ish."

Bach stated about his new solo material, "This CD will follow along the lines of 'Skid Row', 'Slave To The Grind', 'Subhuman Race' and 'Angel Down'. If you like rockin' guitar riffs, high-energy songs and performances, deadly drums of doom, and ear-shattering screams, we got your rock right here!" He also described the songs as "heavy, interesting, classic sounding, modern sounding, completely rock 'n' roll — just how we like it!"

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

I hope the music is much better than that crappy album cover art promises...!

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

smoke
 Rep: 77 

smoke wrote:

Seriously. I can't decide if it looks more like a Dragonlance cover, or one of those wacky photos you get made at the beach.  I'll bet the music will be great though.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Okay the cover art is HORRIBLE... we got that covered...

Is anyone else weirdly bothered that Baz's new girlfriend Minnie Gupta, looks dead like his ex-wife Maria? I mean JUST LIKE HER.

Eerie, almost as if she was replaced.

Maria when she was younger (on the right)...

andreaandmariabach.jpg

Minnie Gupta

600full-minnie-gupta.jpg

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

A little faith my brethren.

I have confidence in Baz. He's got one of the most epic voices of all time, his new guitarists are bad ass, last few times I've seen him he's been in great screaming form - and I thought he really delivered with Angel Down. From what he says this album is following on exactly in the styles he kicks ass in - so it's going to be a good album I recon!

EDIT: Cover art is a little strange. I'm a bit  ignorant but is that a representation of Kali? And the elephants also give it a sort of indian theme. I know it will kick ass musically though - just noticed John 5 is also doing a cameo!

monkeychow

monkeychow wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Is anyone else weirdly bothered that Baz's new girlfriend Minnie Gupta, looks dead like his ex-wife Maria? I mean JUST LIKE HER.

16 That is quite a resemblance!

Although he's not the first guy to have "a type". I know there's some particular attributes i'd look for in most of my partners if I was a famous dude 16

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

A little faith my brethren.

I have confidence in Baz. He's got one of the most epic voices of all time, his new guitarists are bad ass, last few times I've seen him he's been in great screaming form - and I thought he really delivered with Angel Down. From what he says this album is following on exactly in the styles he kicks ass in - so it's going to be a good album I recon!

If it's Skid '88 revisited with hints of Slave thrown in - fuck yeah.

If it's Baz continuing to try and do the Subhuman Race shit over and over - fuck that.

Angel Down was a mixed bag. The Skid '88-themed stuff like By Your Side, Love Is A Bitchslap, the Back In The Saddle cover... all decent, but many other tracks were very forgettable.

I might actually give Angel Down a second listen, just to be fair to it.

monkeychow wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

16 That is quite a resemblance!

Although he's not the first guy to have "a type". I know there's some particular attributes i'd look for in most of my partners if I was a famous dude 16

We all have types. Some like blondes, some like athletic-looking chicks, some like supermodel-types, some like rockers, some like their ladies more ethnic, some have jungle fever, some like a "Whole Lotta Rosie", etc.

For some weird reason that i've never been able to explain, Italian-Caucasian mixed girls, with a bit of a rock-look have always just put me over the top.

But as for Baz, I mean the facial structure, the ethnicity, the look, the whole package is almost like a current 25-year old version of his ex.

And from what I understand, Maria left him due to his recurring alcoholism. So there might be some abandonment issues there. Just sayin'

monkeychow

monkeychow wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Angel Down was a mixed bag.

Yeah, I mean I don't want to get it out of perspective, not saying it cured cancer or anything. But to me skid row was a similar act in that on each album there would be songs that I thought kicked serious ass, and there were some that just didn't bring it all together quite the same way. I guess that's just me...like i'm into Skid Row but not as much as bands like GNR.

I dunno, I was just plesently surprised by Angel Down. Wasn't sure what I was going to get Baz with an all new line up and some of the songs I really dug.

To give you some perspective of what I mean...my favs ended up being: Angel Down, Back in the Saddle, Love is A Bitchslap, Stuck Inside, American Metalhead, and By Your Side.

There's a few others I kinda like, and then a couple I don't listen to much. But then I'm like that with a lot of bands...sort of make my own EP's from my favourtie tracks on an album and then listen to them to death.

Which all grant is like 6 of the 14 tracks..so I'm not saying it's the best album ever. But I REALLY like those tracks 9 and out of them I like some of those just as much as any classic skid row song. So i'm sort of odd in that I'm a big fan of baz...but I'm really open to his new works just as much as I am to hearing "I remember you" or whatever.

-Jack-
 Rep: 39 

-Jack- wrote:

lol that album art is epically bad. Even more so when you consider how cool the art for his last record was.

Hoping the record is pretty good though. One of my big problems with Angel Down was the *imo* weird mix.

Board footer