You are not logged in. Please register or login.

jamester
 Rep: 84 

Re: Axl Rose Suing Activision / Guitar Hero

jamester wrote:
Intercourse wrote:

what did Axl expect? the game is called GUITAR HERO for fuck's sake. 

Slash WROTE the fucking GUITAR riff.
Whose fucking image should they have used?

Slash with a big red X through his avatar with 'Not Responsible for the Success of Guns N Roses' written over him?

What a posionous old bitch Axl really is...

1. Activision verified that no images, avatars or other characters of any of the old lineup or then-current lineup of Guns N' Roses or VR would be used

2.When Slash is selected as an avatar, a paragraph appears stating: "As a member (not former member)of Guns N' Roses, Slash's Snakepit, and Velvet Revolver, Slashhas established himself as a true guitar hero..."

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

I really don't want to get involved in this and have done my best to avoid doing so, but I don't see how people can say Axl doesn't have a case here.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
faldor wrote:

I really don't want to get involved in this and have done my best to avoid doing so, but I don't see how people can say Axl doesn't have a case here.

Oh sure he has a case but it's about as legit as the bitch who bought a coffee at McDonalds and then sued them cause it burnt her tongue. Yeah there's a case but it's so pathetic and counter productive on his part. That's what's hilarious. Just wish this dude would move on and stop being such a bitter old prick. If Axl spent a fraction of the time on his music that he does on this kind of time consuming bullshit, he'd have 3 albums out by now but no he dwells on the past and fixates on Slash.

faldor

faldor wrote:
Bono wrote:
faldor wrote:

Oh sure he has a case but it's about as legit as the bitch who bought a coffee at McDonalds and then sued them cause it burnt her tongue. Yeah there's a case but it's so pathetic and counter productive on his part. That's what's hilarious. Just wish this dude would move on and stop being such a bitter old prick. If Axl spent a fraction of the time on his music that he does on this kind of time consuming bullshit, he'd have 3 albums out by now but no he dwells on the past and fixates on Slash.

In fairness to him, this "case" has been in the works ever since GHIII came out.  It's not like he got the idea last weekend.  The legal proceedings don't work very swiftly.

I agree with you I wish things could move along and we could be talking about new music and such.  But obviously Axl felt strongly about this back when the game came out.  Just because it took this long for the lawsuit to launch doesn't mean he should bury it.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
faldor wrote:

In fairness to him, this "case" has been in the works ever since GHIII came out.  It's not like he got the idea last weekend.  The legal proceedings don't work very swiftly.

I agree with you I wish things could move along and we could be talking about new music and such.  But obviously Axl felt strongly about this back when the game came out.  Just because it took this long for the lawsuit to launch doesn't mean he should bury it.

he wastes his time with this shit. He obviously feels strongly about everything other than moving forward with this band. Thats' the problem. Yes he should bury it. It doesn't help him. The only thing that can help his cause is to get into the studio crank out a new album with the kickass muscians he's assembeld and then tour it. Then repeat the cycle. The only person who isn't willing to move on from the past is Axl Rose himself. Either shit or get off the pot. He should do something with this band or don't but he needs to stop acting like hes protecting the best interests of current Gn'R and the integrity of the brand buy filing these bullshit cases.

Any of you use facebook? You ever have that one friend who posts nothing in their status other than how they hate drama and they always say they want no part of it and they're so over so and so and yet their life is constantly filled with bullshit drama created by their own doing.  That's Axl Rose.

faldor

faldor wrote:

I hear what you're saying, and trust me I wish they would move forward.  But none of us can tell Axl what to do.  If he feels strongly about something and feels he needs to react in a certain way, then so be it.  It seems obvious to you and I that his time could be spent much more effectively in other ways, but it's not up to us.  And honestly, I know people hate hearing this, but we don't know the half of it.  It's probably not as easy as you think.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:
Bono wrote:

Any of you use facebook? You ever have that one friend who posts nothing in their status other than how they hate drama and they always say they want no part of it and they're so over so and so and yet their life is constantly filled with bullshit drama created by their own doing.  That's Axl Rose.

This

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Bono.... 3-run home run, bottom of the 9th, walk off. 9

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
apex-twin wrote:

Nevermind, this stems from a misinterpretation by Duff's lawyer when the deal was made. Ax has handled his share of the publishing rights via his own company, Black Frog, since May 2005. The revenues go to Uni, however.

What was that a quote from? Do you know if Axl 100% of Black Frog's share of publishing revenue goes to Sanctuary/Universal though or is it only a sub-percentage?

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:

On the publishing rights amendment: http://www.gnrevolution.com/viewtopic.p … 778#p54778

On the Sanctuary/Black Frog arrangement: http://www.gnrevolution.com/viewtopic.p … 096#p64096

Board footer