You are not logged in. Please register or login.

ppp

Re: Axl Rose Suing Activision / Guitar Hero

ppp wrote:

But January 2011 was two months ago? Why is this just now being reported?

BTW, this case will never go to trial. Very few lawsuits in CA do. It'll be settled out of court. I would imagine it may have already been.

jamester
 Rep: 84 

jamester wrote:

"will take place early next year, a judge said today. After a short conference with attorneys in chambers, Judge Charles Palmer scheduled the trial for January 23."

1/23/2012

dave-gnfnr
 Rep: 16 

dave-gnfnr wrote:

last time i checked slash helped write and plays on WTTJ
Axl is such a loser

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Yeah, this is probably the lamest "cash grab by baseless lawsuit" move he's ever made.

Very douche

Sky Dog wrote:

so, let me get this straight, Slash files 2-3 lawsuits (all Slash lawsuits against Axl were dropped) DIRECTLY against AXL. Axl has filed NO lawsuits directly at Slash...only countersuits when Slash has sued him...yet you guys seem to think Axl has no case here. Hmmmmmmmm....just maybe Activision misrepresented their intentions to Axl....it is a possibility. Why not see how it plays out before casting judgement? The Slash vs Axl lawsuits were DROPPED/DISMISSED by Slash. Axl has not sued Slash...facts....put all the "illusions" and crap aside and look at the record.

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:

I wouldn't say all the lawsuits Slash and Duff filed were baseless. 

Axl: I haven't been involved much in any of our merch and the reasons are it's been a mess legally for years. Unbeknownst to most of you I was recently sued again by Duff and Slash for some murky Merckiness that I was unaware and not involved in. Fortunately that was resolved but it got ugly and took a while going into arbitration.

Merck shifted our merch from some of our newer styles to incorporating more of the old with some scam that actually and surprisingly lost sales in comparison but that's old news.

Sounds like that lawsuit wasn't baseless.  They probably also had to  threaten a lawsuit just to get any bloody communication out of the Guns camp.  It was then resolved through arbitration as lawsuits often are (whilst others are often settled out of court).  Because the lawsuit was dropped doesn't mean there was no substance to it.  We also don't know what concessions the Guns camp may have given Slash and Duff through arbitration that got them to agree to dropping the lawsuit.

If Axl feels he was mirepresented or screwed over by Activsion by all means use your precious time and resources Axl and go after them. 

Perhaps though if he was actually actively trying to progress, promote stuff, move forward, market, be dynamic, embrace new technology and the changing music landscape etc etc etc, he might actually be on some of these gravy trains rather than looking like the bitter old dude that was left behind at the station.

Sky Dog wrote:

funny, I just dropped the "baseless" out of my statement,,,,got me while I was quizzing my daughter for a test tomorrow. Good points.

dave-gnfnr

dave-gnfnr wrote:
madagas wrote:

so, let me get this straight, Slash files 2-3 lawsuits (all Slash lawsuits against Axl were dropped) DIRECTLY against AXL. Axl has filed NO lawsuits directly at Slash...only countersuits when Slash has sued him...yet you guys seem to think Axl has no case here. Hmmmmmmmm....just maybe Activision misrepresented their intentions to Axl....it is a possibility. Why not see how it plays out before casting judgement? The Slash vs Axl lawsuits were DROPPED/DISMISSED by Slash. Axl has not sued Slash...facts....put all the "illusions" and crap aside and look at the record.

Axl has no case here.  Slash wrote and plays on WTTJ, he has no right to sue activision.  Axl is a dick for suing because he is jelous slash is playing on a song he helped write and play on.

ppp

ppp wrote:
madagas wrote:

People also seem to forget that he's been quite liberal with allowing Slash to rerecord various songs over the past few years. The deluxe version of Slash has 3 Guns songs on it, featuring Myles Kennedy and Fergie. I think he'd have been fine with the Guitar Hero thing, had they not gone behind his back the same way they did with Courtney Love and the whole Kurt character thing.

No matter who worked on these songs, they can't just use them when and where they want to. As you can see above, when someone uses a symbol or a song, the others get mad.

dave-gnfnr

dave-gnfnr wrote:
ppp wrote:
madagas wrote:

People also seem to forget that he's been quite liberal with allowing Slash to rerecord various songs over the past few years. The deluxe version of Slash has 3 Guns songs on it, featuring Myles Kennedy and Fergie. I think he'd have been fine with the Guitar Hero thing, had they not gone behind his back the same way they did with Courtney Love and the whole Kurt character thing.

No matter who worked on these songs, they can't just use them when and where they want to. As you can see above, when someone uses a symbol or a song, the others get mad.

They got permission to use WTTJ, they got permission to use slash's likeness, that is all they needed.  It does not matter that a slash avatar is playing WTTJ, they got permission to use the song did they not?

Board footer