You are not logged in. Please register or login.

dave-gnfnr
 Rep: 16 

Re: Axl Rose Suing Activision / Guitar Hero

dave-gnfnr wrote:

So Beta is the one who claimed there was an agreement, Axl did not get it in writing, and Axl did not hear it from actiivision he heard it from his housekeeper.

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:
jamester wrote:

aussie do you still have the .pdf? it was removed some time ago.  I think there was mention of emails to be used as evidence.

Here it is:
http://www.radaronline.com/sites/radaro … %20doc.pdf

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
dave-gnfnr wrote:

So Beta is the one who claimed there was an agreement, Axl did not get it in writing, and Axl did not hear it from actiivision he heard it from his housekeeper.

No matter what anyone thinks of beta, she's been more than a housekeeper for a while and has been his "personal" manager.

And verbal agreements do matter.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
monkeychow wrote:
russtcb wrote:

Are you guys talking about Axl doing something with AFD like Ozzy did with his first 2 albums a few years back?

What was that? I only follow Ozzy casually...did he re-record them?

Phil Soussan's lawsuits were also the reason the 1986 album Ultimate Sin, didn't get remastered and re-released in 2002, along with the rest of Ozzy's catalog. They got so frustrated, they just discontinued the album from his catalog. Thought i'd throw that out there.

And like Russ said, i'm sure Axl thought about re-recording the hits. I STILL think a future new GN'R album will feature an additional disc of hits, rearranged, just because it makes sense as a goodie to throw in to sell a physical CD.

But I don't care what era new GN'R re-records it, whether it's the 1999 band that actually did, the 2001-02 band with Bucket, the 2006-07 band with Robin & Ron, or the current one with DJ & Ron... doesn't matter...

No matter how good that re-record is, and I get hard at the thought of a 2002 studio version of Nightrain, NO ONE would forget the originals.

KISS did a similar thing with their 1988 Smashes, Thrashes & Hits collection, re-recording all of their 70's biggest hits with the unmasked band.

You did not see people running around screaming for the Eric Carr version of Beth. And believe it or not that KISS release with the re-records went double-platinum.

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:
misterID wrote:
dave-gnfnr wrote:

No matter what anyone thinks of beta, she's been more than a housekeeper for a while and has been his "personal" manager.

Very true they do matter but unfortunately are much harder to prove. I wouldn't have left something like that to a verbal agreement if it was that critical.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

^^ True

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

dave-gnfnr
 Rep: 16 

dave-gnfnr wrote:
misterID wrote:
dave-gnfnr wrote:

They only matter if you can prove them, and if Axl is claiming Beta told him there was an agreement and that is the basis of the lawsuit Axl is screwed unless Beta taped the call. As anal as Axl is why wouldnt he get something like that in writing?

Its like me claiming you agreed to sell me your car for $200 and we had verbal agreement, you really think that is going to hold up in court if I cannot prove it? Nope.

Is activision claiming they never made this agreement?

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

Good lord, the legal system is such a slow moving process.

From Funky Monkey at HTGTH

Future Hearings

W AXL ROSE ET AL VS ACTIVISION BLIZZARD INC ET AL

09/22/2011 at 08:30 am in department 33 at 111 North Hill Street, Los Angeles, CA 90012
Conference-Post Mediation Status (Completion date: 9/21/11)

01/13/2012 at 08:30 am in department 33 at 111 North Hill Street, Los Angeles, CA 90012
Final Status Conference

01/23/2012 at 09:30 am in department 33 at 111 North Hill Street, Los Angeles, CA 90012
Jury Trial (5-7 days time estimate)

ppp

ppp wrote:

Not really. They are just giving them a while to settle this suit through mediation. The Conference-Post Mediation Status is where they tell the judge what has come from the mediation and rather or not it has settled out of court.

Board footer