You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Furbush
 Rep: 107 

Re: Axl Rose Suing Activision / Guitar Hero

Furbush wrote:

wtf is this nonsense... i bounce for a couple of months, and well.....

nothing's changed.
lol

Intercourse
 Rep: 212 

Intercourse wrote:

what did Axl expect? the game is called GUITAR HERO for fuck's sake. 

Slash WROTE the fucking GUITAR riff.

Whose fucking image should they have used?
Slash with a big red X through his avatar with 'Not Responsible for the Success of Guns N Roses' written over him?

What a posionous old bitch Axl really is...

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

"In order to promote Guns N'Roses, Rose diligently attempts to channel fan and media attention to the current status of the band, including the current line up, and focus on the bands current endeavours and plans for the future."

Hows that exactly, by putting GNR fansites on the payroll?

"Rose and Guns N'Roses pursue a forward looking outlook, rather than one which dwells on the past."

What'd I miss?

Olorin

Olorin wrote:

"It doesn’t bother me unless it’s being done at my expense and or to keep him associated as in Guitar Hero. Him being Guitar Hero’s fine but not when Activison in using Jungle, having Yahoo use Sweet Child unauthorized, claims no involvement with Slash, his or anyone’s image or VR or anyone or anyone’s music in either camp in promotion or commercials etc. I wasn’t broadsided. I read about it as it moved along but Activision continually denied it right up to the release. That’s some low life chicanery on all their parts.

Yes Slash was in Guns and on Jungle (and the whole I came to him for his riff is as much crap as him saying he brought Locomotive and Coma in as complete songs) and he has rights to perform it but not to be represented in this context in association with Guns. And since they weren’t granted the license it’ll take some sorting."

Axl 2008

Mabye its took this long to launch legal precedings because he has been trying to get a settlement out of court and Activision has been stonewalling him?

I think he obviously has a case, and more power to him for taking action if he was genuinally lied to all the way along.
Its just that the language in that document regarding Slash's relevance and importance to the classic, current and future GNR comes across as completely deluded and bitter, and will only serve to serve up another shitstorm of hostility towards Axl and New GNR, it reads like it was written by Beta or jarmo or any one of the brownnose mob.

Whatever the outcome, the sooner this guy just opens up and embraces the past, puts grudges aside and genuinally moves on musically with his new line up, the sooner his life will start to become brighter.

Intercourse
 Rep: 212 

Intercourse wrote:

Being lied to is such a bunch of crap. The fact that lately this guy gets it wrong EVERY time he does business staggers me. Everybody he seems to have dealt with in the last decade was evil or had an ulterior motive.

Little word to our whiney bitch Axl..
Contracts have been written between humans doing business since the time of the Ancient Greeks.

Write a fucking contract, have your lawyer look at it, cover all your bases, get a signature..its been that way for FOREVER and it ain't hard DUMBASS.

This is the second time somebody has 'been in tears' knocking on Axl's door for forgiveness. Wasn't the same shit about 'Rose Fest' put out there a few years back?

Imagine being a judge reading some of the material on those suits?? I'd be thinking 'I don't give a fuck about the Faustian aspects of your 25 year old teenage cock rock tune asshole, let's get to what you formally agreed to in writing!!!'

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

He knew going into it that Slash was gonna be what marketed GH. Slash and GH were everywhere long before its release.  He approved of the use of the song for the game.

How on earth does he obviously have a case?

Its the equivalent of you telling your wife she can eat a donut, then suing her because she ate a donut.

This will be laughed out of court. It will also further stain the GNR brand, but that seems to be a primary goal of those involved, so congratulations.

"Personally I consider Slash a cancer and better removed, avoided — and the less anyone heard of him or his supporters, the better,"

Are you ever going to take this advice yourself?? Instead we get another round of Axl vs Slash bullshit. Yay!!!!

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

Yep, Axl inadvertently gets Slash's name back in the headlines and adds further fule to the Slash vs GN'R debate.

Axl, stop fucking around with lawsuits, get off your fucking high horse, record a kickass new album with these new guys and REALLY prove that you've moved on from the Slash debacle. Sadly, I don't think that will happen.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:
Bono wrote:

This is nothing more than a  deranged lunatic trying to convince the world that original Guns N' Roses never existed. I mean honestly who the fuck does Axl think people associate Jungle with? Ron? Buckethead? Robin? DJ? Richard?  Hell no, people automatically think of Slash whether his image is consciously seen or not and that is NEVER going to change. This whole thing is such a  joke. If he really wants to distance himself from old Gn'R or erase the memory of old members and such stop milking the old material.

This.

How can Axl be this crazy? WTTJ is one of the most famous guitar riffs of all time and he and his band had nothing but capitalize on the GH release.
I understand that he hates Slash with passion, but what the fuck he's thinking when Slash's riffs and solos get played at every GN'R concert? How can he continously deny and underrate Slash's importance in GN'R's success? Paul Tobias wrote that stuff in his bedroom on his imaginary guitar? Why do the majority go to the shows? To hear Street of Dreams or to hear NR? To hear Shackler or to hear PC?

Well, in this mental state, Axl won't do a US tour in the next months.

Olorin

Olorin wrote:

Well mabye he doesnt "obviously" have a case, but he must have a case if there is some proof of the agreement.

I wonder how many petty law suits have been thrown around over the years, this case reminded me of this:

"I haven't been involved much in any of our merch and the reasons are it's been a mess legally for years. Unbeknownst to most of you I was recently sued again by Duff and Slash for some murky Merckiness that I was unaware and not involved in. Fortunately that was resolved but it got ugly and took a while going into arbitration.

Merck shifted our merch from some of our newer styles to incorporating more of the old with some scam that actually and surprisingly lost sales in comparison but that's old news."

Money money money, gimmie gimmie gimmie - they're all at it, greedy fucks hmm

Naltav
 Rep: 70 

Naltav wrote:
Aussie wrote:

...as I and others have said for years now, Axl really needs to start getting some professionals running the business side of things for him rather than family, friends and amateurs.  If these negotiations had been handled by professionals and all this was in writing not based on "conversations" between Beta and Acitivsion, the lawsuit would have been a slam dunk for him.

So very true!

But I can understand him feeling the need to take action if being lied to. If only "to deter others from engaging in similar conduct."

Board footer