You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Re: DUFF MCKAGAN: New VELVET REVOLVER Singer Has To Be Better Than SCOTT W

Bono wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:

Yuck.

Ummm... maybe elaborate or I'm just gonna assume you don't like good music tongue You don't like his voice? This song? There's  almost 15 years worth of Stereophonics material to choose from or do you just hate them? He'd be a lot more interesting than all the other cliches choices that always get mentioned.  Kelly Jones can fucking sing though and that's a fact.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I'd actually never heard of them (yes I live in a little box someplace) but he does have a good voice. Can he do crazy high stuff as well?

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Bono

Bono wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

I'd actually never heard of them (yes I live in a little box someplace) but he does have a good voice. Can he do crazy high stuff as well?

I don't think so. At least he never really shows it. Mostly sticks to his rough scratchy dirty RnR vocals which he has amazing control over. here's a few more then I'll stop making this a Stereophonics thread 16

Not high pitched but still a good little scream at 3:29

he's good at singing covers that's for sure. There's this Beatles cover and he does an absolutely incredible version of Sinead O'Conner's Nothing Compares 2 U but I can't find it.
[youtube]cT9nPg82_hM&feature=related[/youtube]

Check them out if you like them dude. Freaking awesome band I think.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
russtcb wrote:

A small child could sing, write and lead a band better than Scott Weiland. Shouldn't be a long search.

Complete / Total / Agreement

One of the most overrated frontmen of his generation.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I've never been a huge scott fan - took me a while to warm to him - i guess cos when VR started as 'the project' or whatever I was hoping for someone akin to axl to basicly re-make GNR.

But I'm mixed on him. He does have some game. I mean now and then you hear him sing and you have to grant he has quite a pretty voice. I also think he's very good at writing hook melodies and catchy parts.

Although overall many of his lyrics get too repedative or not enough depth (eg "Falling to peaces" - love the melodies and stuff but it just goes LONG).

I think he has some moments of greatness though - sucker tain blues is a very cool song, and moments like the middle 8 in Loving the Alien...impress me....but then I also know what you mean - overall there's a lot of lacking moments too - so i don't think he's irreplacabe.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

replace Dave with someone that can a)contribute to the songwriting and b) have a strong enough presence among Slash, Duff, and Matt to be heard, and have a whole new band with a new name.  Ideally, the Dave replacement is Izzy, but there has to be other rhythm players that have some songwriting balls.

Look no further.....

[youtube]2608iYI5pgE&feature=related[/youtube]

[youtube]3QXvUm2FiA8&feature=related[/youtube]

[youtube]-Yp3IvjfdUU&feature=related[/youtube]

Would be a great replacement for Dave(even if she doesn't sing), and should have been the replacement of Tobias in GNR when he left. Strums a guitar much better than Fortus, can actually write songs, and actually jumps better than him as well! 13

Bono

Bono wrote:

I've never liked Elastica James. And definately would not want her singing. Not that great in my opinion and I really see nothing special with her playing hmm  Just get Kelly Jones and he can sing and play guitar tongue

Wouldn't it be great though if the people we've all been suggesting were to try out and we could listen in on it. Have them playa  few VR songs and then hear them sing something the band requests 14

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

Kelly Jones would definitely be interesting, but I much prefer him with Stereophonics

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

Besides, even if VR don't get up and running anytime soon, we're already promised two great new rock albums in 2011 - Loaded's new album comes out in March, and Slash's second solo album with Myles singing all tracks is promised for next year too.

Board footer