You are not logged in. Please register or login.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

Re: Yes it's a what will GNR do poll ...humor me LOL

RussTCB wrote:

removed

I hope I can at least see the band sometime in the next year.   The album would be nice, but I'm jus chillin on that idea until theres actually a release date.

Robman
 Rep: 5 

Robman wrote:
Jameslofton wrote:

Maintenance is happening, so I cant even vote at the moment, but I'll say this:

A tour in 08 is going to have a HARD time being even semi-successful. A list of acts expected to tour the Us in 08:

Van Halen
U2
Metallica
Spice Girls(possible extended tour)
Led Zeppelin( a possibility)
Judas Priest
That big 80's rock festival(forgot the name)
The Stones(possible)
Ozzy
Extreme
Green Day
Oasis(maybe)

etc.

Where does a band on its fourth albumless tour fit in to that equation?? Answer--it doesn't. The only tour on that list it would beat is Extreme. The only way they can even consider touring in 08 is if the album is in stores.

The Stones would be news to me, considering the fact that they have pretty much given up touring. Where'd you get that info from?

that 80s festival is a piece of shit, cant think of any good bands playing in it.
Green Day wont tour until they have an album.

starsko
 Rep: 6 

starsko wrote:

As Merck said in his letter, they need to tour to keep the band alive financially.

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:
Backslash wrote:

W.A.R. what is he good for?  Absolutely nothing, sing it again!

thanks a lot backslash

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

I said some sort of update. I think an excuse will be given for not releasing it in 07 (business reasons, things needed to be done blah blah blah) then a guesstimate of a release date (late spring/summer) will be stated. That too, will later come & go.

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

If they tour without an album it'll have to be in South America, it's the only large market left to them that they haven't visited.

James, even with an album out it's unlikely GNR could tour the US on the same scale that most of those acts you listed will. In terms of tours they don't get bigger than U2, Stones, Greenday and potentially Led Zep, GNR have to set their sights lower than that. Whilst it'd be great if it happened, it's a big assumption to think CD could put GNR on a tour that would rival U2 or Greenday. Whenever CD gets released their aim should be filling those arenas that had thousands of spare seats in 06, if they can do that then maybe they should look at booking a stadium or two, but lets not run before we can walk 16

Sky Dog wrote:

They could rival Green Day easy with a good album out...only a reunion could come close to matching U2 at this point.

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

madagas wrote:

They could rival Green Day easy with a good album out...only a reunion could come close to matching U2 at this point.

It's possible, Green Day only cemented themselves as a stadium band with American Idiot, if CD's good enough they could rival Green Day in terms of tour scale but it's still far from a given.

Sky Dog wrote:

They are not a stadium band in the US...don't know what country you live in ...they are a typical arena rock act.

Board footer