You are not logged in. Please register or login.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

Re: Yes it's a what will GNR do poll ...humor me LOL

bigbri wrote:

Not a god damn thing.

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

madagas wrote:

They are not a stadium band in the US...don't know what country you live in ...they are a typical arena rock act.

I'm in the UK and the last shows they did here were sell out shows at the Milton Keynes bowl, the same venue GNR played at in 93. It holds approx. 70,000 people. I assumed the rest of their tour was on a similar scale (I know they finished the tour in Australia at a similar sort of venue). I must have mis judged their popularity in the U.S.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

a lame ass excuse update of some kind... thats about it

Backslash
 Rep: 80 

Backslash wrote:

Wasn't it about this time last year when Axl issued that update about CD being temporarily scheduled for March 6?  What a joke.  I can't believe I fell for it.  Axl, forever the boy who cried album.

Scabbie
 Rep: 33 

Scabbie wrote:

What I would like

Some sort of update
Another leak(s)
Chinese Democracy
Tour

More likely

Some sort of update
Another leak(s)
Tour

Worst case scenario

Silence.

Backslash wrote:

Wasn't it about this time last year when Axl issued that update about CD being temporarily scheduled for March 6?  What a joke.  I can't believe I fell for it.  Axl, forever the boy who cried album.

I can see why he used the the term tentative and not make the date but he should have come out with another statement after that date.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
Backslash wrote:

I told you it was bullcrap, but no..... you damn habs fans think you know everything

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Robman wrote:

The Stones would be news to me, considering the fact that they have pretty much given up touring. Where'd you get that info from?

that 80s festival is a piece of shit, cant think of any good bands playing in it.
Green Day wont tour until they have an album.

Stones wont give up touring until either Mick or Keith is dead. I have no info, I was just assuming they would add a leg to that tour considering it shattered all tour records.

80's festival might be shit, but people go to it.

Green Day has an album coming in 08.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
A Private Eye wrote:

If they tour without an album it'll have to be in South America, it's the only large market left to them that they haven't visited.

James, even with an album out it's unlikely GNR could tour the US on the same scale that most of those acts you listed will. In terms of tours they don't get bigger than U2, Stones, Greenday and potentially Led Zep, GNR have to set their sights lower than that. Whilst it'd be great if it happened, it's a big assumption to think CD could put GNR on a tour that would rival U2 or Greenday. Whenever CD gets released their aim should be filling those arenas that had thousands of spare seats in 06, if they can do that then maybe they should look at booking a stadium or two, but lets not run before we can walk 16

Love them or hate them, they will never touch U2. That ship sailed in 1993. I didn't mean they would be on a scale of U2 or the Stones. Its back to the arena circuit in hopes that the album gets enough attention to fill the empty arena seats. Without that album in stores, they might as well not even waste money on a tour.

I voted absolutely nothing, but I would not be surprised if something leaks in 08.

Sky Dog wrote:

We won't see this version of Gnr again without an album...that is my only prediction.

Board footer