You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: Yes it's a what will GNR do poll ...humor me LOL

James wrote:
madagas wrote:

We won't see this version of Gnr again without an album...that is my only prediction.

I agree. It would literally be the last nail in the coffin of GNR if they hit the road again supporting AFD.

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

Nothing.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

in my books "some sort of update" is pretty much nothing as i read that as a bullshit update anyway....

March 4, 2008

Jimmy Iovine farted during Chinese Democracy discussions today. As such, negotiations have reached a stand still as Axl walked out in an irate state and insisted that Interscope Head Office be fumigated before he would resume negotiations with the label.

-Del-

that being said, 80% of the people who've voted so far think that jack shit is gonna be goin on in the GnR world for the foreseeable future sad

James

James wrote:
Neemo wrote:

in my books "some sort of update" is pretty much nothing as i read that as a bullshit update anyway....

Jimmy Iovine farted during Chinese Democracy discussions today. As such, negotiations have reached a stand still as Axl walked out in an irate state and insisted that Interscope Head Office be fumigated before he would resume negotiations with the label.

that being said, 80% of the people who've voted so far think that jack shit is gonna be goin on in the GnR world for the foreseeable future sad

Yeah, and even though the poll has 30 votes, that is likely the view of GNR fans across the communities.

Reality is setting in on the fanbase. Even "nutswingers" have come to terms with the possibility of the album never being released. In their debates, they used to always say "when" its released, blah blah, blah. Now they start their discussions with "if".

Of course real news and/or a leak would inject a shot of adrenaline into the situation.

Abbey_Road
 Rep: 16 

Abbey_Road wrote:
Jameslofton wrote:
madagas wrote:

We won't see this version of Gnr again without an album...that is my only prediction.

I agree. It would literally be the last nail in the coffin of GNR if they hit the road again supporting AFD.

Unless they do a reunion.

But I vote nothing.

JamesLofton, you were right on the money with the silent era prediction.

James

James wrote:
Abbey_Road wrote:

JamesLofton, you were right on the money with the silent era prediction.

Yeah, and when I made that prediction earlier this year, quite a few people thought I was crazy.

I could tell it was heading in that direction. Early 07 had as much cohesiveness as late 2002, so it was obvious we were entering 2003-05 territory.

We're even getting the obligatory solo endeavors, which only happen in GNR dead zones.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Will
 Rep: 227 

Will wrote:

Topic closed whilst we fix our Polls Script. Will be opened again shortly.

Seeing as Dizzy is planning on touring in early 08, my guess of touring is already wrong as the question was the first few months of 08 17

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

DoubleTalkingJive wrote:

Seeing as Dizzy is planning on touring in early 08, my guess of touring is already wrong as the question was the first few months of 08 17

Not necessarily, that's not to say GNR will tour but Dizzy dates don't mean anything, he'll cancel those at the drop of a hat if Axl gives him the call. What it does mean is that of this moment there aren't plans to tour in early 08. That doesn't concern me too much though, a tour can be, and should be set up after the albums release has been finalised and set in stone. It's not necessary to be on a full tour when the album drops, a few dates here and there at key venues around the release for promotional purposes is enough, then kick off the world tour once the albums been out a month or two and there's a second or third single on the radio. That way demand for the band can be gauged and the appropriate sized venues booked.

Board footer