You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Abbey_Road
 Rep: 16 

Re: Who will be the GNR scapegoat for 2007?

Abbey_Road wrote:

Last year, it was Merck.

Who will it bet this year?

I vote us, the fans, for what the deem bitching and whining about wanting information.:headbang:

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

Yea I think the record company will get hit and then whatever band member stands up to Axl.

Will
 Rep: 227 

Will wrote:

My vote goes for record company too.

If a band member walks early next year that will quickly change though.

Record company

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Definitely the record company. The strategy of blaming them has already started with one of Mysteron's recent posts.

Uni is still holding a 13-15 million albatross around its neck so it cant get it off their books??

Sure, I believe it..........

AtariLegend wrote:
Abbey_Road wrote:

Last year, it was Merck.

I don't think they did, Axl basically said it wasn't finished. Merck may have implied that it was coming, but he was never blamed for the album not being finished.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

AtariLegend wrote:
russtcb wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:
Abbey_Road wrote:

Last year, it was Merck.

I don't think they did, Axl basically said it wasn't finished. Merck may have implied that it was coming, but he was never blamed for the album not being finished.

The way I took Axl's letter was that Merck messed up the release of the album or else it would've come out in 2006.

That to me is making the guy the scapegoat.

In regard to a release date for the album itself, certain minor - and I do mean minor -- additions, as well as contract negotiations, need to be completed. Barring any unforeseen complications, these things have now been adequately scheduled.

This part suggests that it isn't all being blamed on Merck.

I know he goes on to say that they need proper promotion, but this part clearly states that they were going to add more to the album.

I don't think it implies Merck was holding back the muse.

the only way he blamed Merck was saying that Merck gave him the impression that the album coming out in 2006 was an attainable goal.

Board footer