You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: What's the meaning behind Madagascar ?

Axlin16 wrote:

The reason there's an issue with the new band being 'GUNS N ROSES' is because of the fact that BOTH Axl AND Slash were icons of that brand name. It'd be like The Rolling Stones without Keith Richards. Or Led Zeppelin without Jimmy Page.

Most people have a BIG issue with that, and constantly pull out that "it's not GNR" argument.

I have always thought that if Slash was still there, and it was Axl & Slash surrounded by the current band, no one would even be keeping score and in their band GN'R never broke up.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

te only band it worked for that i can think of is VH when they dumped david lee for sammy

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

I honestly believe that VH got blessed with a very good, and arguerably better frontman in Sammy.

Eddie fag-ed up VH. Not Sammy. As a vocalist he's stronger, and had a stage presence himself. It still worked. It just did.

But they might be the sole example.

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:

i think you mean david

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

No I don't.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

The reason there's an issue with the new band being 'GUNS N ROSES' is because of the fact that BOTH Axl AND Slash were icons of that brand name. It'd be like The Rolling Stones without Keith Richards. Or Led Zeppelin without Jimmy Page.

Most people have a BIG issue with that, and constantly pull out that "it's not GNR" argument.

I have always thought that if Slash was still there, and it was Axl & Slash surrounded by the current band, no one would even be keeping score and in their band GN'R never broke up.

I strongly agree with this...i think the diehards would miss izzy still or duff...but to the average person GNR was the Axl+Slash combo...ala Jagger and Richards....it would still be GNR with Slash and Axl and anyone else in the band to 90% of people I'd say.

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Yeah alot of people think its about the old band, and there is probably some truth in that. However, I always thought it was more about his love/hate relationship with his fans and the media. He seems to have issues with his own fanbase for whatever reasons. CD deals with this subject as well. Maybe he spent too much time on the internet.:haha:

I feel it is about the old band as well as what you just said.  For me, these songs have multiple subjects in them. 

The opening stanza is clearly directed towards anyone who has criticized him for trying to carry on with GNR after everyone left.

Board footer