You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: VH1 Top 100 songs of the 90s-Guess who's missing??

James wrote:

Yeah, 1979 was their biggest single. But there was Spice mania and other things going on at the time so its easy to see why it got overlooked.

It surely made it to the 101-200 rankings, and probably pretty high.

Other songs overlooked are Hole's Doll Parts, Cake's Going the Distance, Elastica's Connection, and Garbage's Stupid Girl.

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

Going the Distance! Yeah, that song was big, and I still hear it pretty often.  And Hole didn't make it either? Shame.

NY Giants82
 Rep: 26 

NY Giants82 wrote:

Yeah about "No Rain". I didnt really like it much then, in 94, but I do now. Man that video was on MTV all the time.

I remember "November Rain" being on MTV like every hour. I loved every minute of it!

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Deniz
 Rep: 1 

Deniz wrote:

No Guns, no Jovi ... This list is 2

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Deniz
 Rep: 1 

Deniz wrote:

Mtv europe did something like this last year and let the fans vote over a month. It was something like ''the greatest songs of the past 25 years'' list and backstreetboys came first with a '06 single. So i don't take these lists too seriously.

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

nugdafied wrote:

I really don't think NR desrves to be on this list. That song & video are horrible. And while being horrible, it's not really a fun or catchy song. No Rain on the other hand, I would've thought that was exactly what this list was about. Too bad Blind Melon wasn't represented.

AtariLegend wrote:
russtcb wrote:
Deniz wrote:

No Guns, no Jovi ... This list is 2

The reason it bothers me is because it was voted on by fans. This isn't some list Vh1 decided to make on their own. They set up a website and let the average joe vote. Not enough people liked / remembered / cared about GNR to vote for them so they didn't make the list.

They make a list like this every few months, the only votes that ever really mattered likely happened years ago, the first ones.

Board footer