You are not logged in. Please register or login.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

Re: Most Recent Movie You've Seen

metallex78 wrote:

Shaun of the Dead and Hot Fuzz are both great, and The Worlds End is pretty good too, just not as good as the first two films.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

metallex78 wrote:

Shaun of the Dead and Hot Fuzz are both great, and The Worlds End is pretty good too, just not as good as the first two films.

Speaking of the movie, I'd like to share this article I read the other day. smile

http://badassdigest.com/2013/08/25/simo … orlds-end/

metallex78

metallex78 wrote:
Me_Wise_Magic wrote:
metallex78 wrote:

Speaking of the movie, I'd like to share this article I read the other day. smile

http://badassdigest.com/2013/08/25/simo … orlds-end/

That's a really good explanation into the movie's finale, and definitely makes me appreciate it in a different light than I did.

Me_Wise_Magic

Oh yeah man! It did the same to me too as well as a few other articles and stuff I read on Tumblr. Hoping to pick up the Blu Ray for it very soon. I saw Man of Steel again on DVD the other day and it's still an awesome flick. Also finally got around to seeing Sound City since it was on VH1 Classic the other day. Excellent documentary!

metallex78

metallex78 wrote:

And yeah, Sound City was great too.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

Saw The Hobbit sad

Me_Wise_Magic

Saw The Lego Movie and The Monuments Men a couple days ago. MM was alright. Script desperately needed a few rewrites. Great casting though. Lego Movie was awesome. Animation is well done, it's colorful, hilarious voice cast, and is actually quite heart warming. It's great and not just for kids. Somebody said it was the second coming of Who Framed Roger Rabbit? I wouldn't go that far. 16

AtariLegend wrote:

The Wolf of Wall Street - Loved it, easily one of my favorite films so far this decade.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Trouble With The Curve & Escape Plan

Curve was okay, and reminiscent of Eastwood's late 90's films. Okay, but not great. Eastwood basically plays the exact same character from Gran Torino which is kinda boring. Is there nothing Timberlake can't do?

Escape Plan--total fucking remake of Fortress with Christopher Lambert, with less technology, less sci-fi. Schwarzenegger & Jim Caviezel's characters were FAR MORE interesting than Stallone's, and yet was not given near enough expansion in the film. That was probably my biggest issue. I get the 80s throwback action appeal, but even the yet was a little far-fetched for 1985. Otherwise the film felt dragged out, and just never got going for me.

Me_Wise_Magic

Saw Mr. Peabody and Sherman this past weekend with the folks. Very fun film. Some heartfelt and charming moments. Great animation. Solid voice acting. My dad is a big fan of the old Rocky & Bullwinkle with friends cartoons and I grew up watching them on video and re-runs.

Board footer