You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: Most Recent Movie You've Seen

Axlin16 wrote:

You loved Hateful Eight for it's Sergio Leone-esque style, but yet haven't finished Django Unchained? Haha.

Django is a fucking masterpiece. That whole bit with Leo, Jamie & Samuel L. Jackson, when Django comes up there and the black plantation hand tells Jamie, "Nigga get off that horse!", and Leo tells Samuel, "No no, you can't say that to him... he's a free-man!", and Jackson looks at him and looks back at Django, "Nigga get off that horse", Leo, "no no, you can't say that he's a freeman"

Puts me in stitches every time. The Don Johnson bit with all the Klan members trying to posse up to run up Django, but none of their sheets are right and they want to be home for dinner, and all that shit is a riot too.

I really thought Tarentino was VERY overrated over the years. Never got the hype. Django Unchained was the first flick of his I saw, that was just blown away by. VERY VERY good. With Kurt Russell, Samuel L. Jackson, Walton Goggins all in Hateful 8, I have no doubt it's great. I'd watch those three read a phonebook.

AtariLegend wrote:

Will Smith was offered the role of Django originally, then refused. He wanted to play Waltz's character instead.

Said afterwards that it was a good film, "just not for me". Vanity tongue.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Will Smith was good in Bagger Vance. But I like Will Smith most in action adventure type movies. And those movies just don't win awards.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

Axlin16 wrote:

You loved Hateful Eight for it's Sergio Leone-esque style, but yet haven't finished Django Unchained? Haha.

Django is a fucking masterpiece. That whole bit with Leo, Jamie & Samuel L. Jackson, when Django comes up there and the black plantation hand tells Jamie, "Nigga get off that horse!", and Leo tells Samuel, "No no, you can't say that to him... he's a free-man!", and Jackson looks at him and looks back at Django, "Nigga get off that horse", Leo, "no no, you can't say that he's a freeman"

Puts me in stitches every time. The Don Johnson bit with all the Klan members trying to posse up to run up Django, but none of their sheets are right and they want to be home for dinner, and all that shit is a riot too.

I really thought Tarentino was VERY overrated over the years. Never got the hype. Django Unchained was the first flick of his I saw, that was just blown away by. VERY VERY good. With Kurt Russell, Samuel L. Jackson, Walton Goggins all in Hateful 8, I have no doubt it's great. I'd watch those three read a phonebook.

Russell is in final talks to be in Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 for Marvel Studios/Disney; so that's even better. Maybe Star Lord's dad. Al Pacino has been in talks for a role in the MCU for awhile now. I don't know what role it is; but I would pay money to see that. I do want to see the Hateful Eight despite Tarentino's childish behavior over his original script getting leaked. I like him as a director; but he pulls the biggest tantrums and double standards I've ever seen from a director. It's the age of the internet...get the fuck over it. Kill Bill Vols. 1&2 are still my favorites from him. Django was pretty sweet and I loved those scenes too, Axlin. 16

AtariLegend wrote:

The Signal - Wow... it's like 4 different directors made this and they started shooting, before they wrote the script.

It actually was interesting at the start with the mystery when Lawrence Fishburne first turned up, then this film fucking jumped the shark. It became a completely different film at 4 different points and the twist was just bad. The final 20 minutes of this are mind-blowing-ly stupid and bad.

Without spoiling anything, they randomly start doing multiple extended slow motion sequences at a certain point towards the end, which made me regret my Netflix subscription nevermind watching this clusterfuck.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

Watching Stargate SG-1 again. I miss that type of camp in today's shows. Gives you everything a "planet of the week" sci fi can, with a great cast. The stargate concept is just fantastic. Imagine if we had something like that.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

polluxlm wrote:

Watching Stargate SG-1 again. I miss that type of camp in today's shows. Gives you everything a "planet of the week" sci fi can, with a great cast. The stargate concept is just fantastic. Imagine if we had something like that.

Loved the show as well.

AtariLegend wrote:

John Carter of Mars - I was expecting something disastrously bad, in reality all it was is generic. It wasn't that great and we've seen it all before, but I've seen worse films get praised.

Wouldn't recommend it, just don't get this film's infamy. It's definitely not "Attack of the Clones" bad, but the CGI is still too much. The jumping is ridiculously silly even for a kids film, this film doesn't really have it's own set of rules.

They obviously wanted a bunch of sequels going by the ending and that sums up every big budget 12-rated film.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

Went into JC expecting a disaster myself. Was positively surprised, certainly not bored. The Earth scenes were better than the Mars scenes. Thought it had potential. Apart from the effects and acting there is a good movie in there.

AtariLegend wrote:

I agree, that it had potential. I'd bet reviewers might have given it another star if they just eliminated the jumping for a start tongue.

Event Horizon - Haven't seen it in years. It has not aged well at all.

Any film though from the late 90's that decided to open with the words "The moon was colonized in 2015" obviously did not think things through. The CGI in this is TV show bad by today, but some members of that cast including Sam Neil and the actors who were always playing side roles in the other Hollywood blockbusters at the time must have been paid more than the effects budget for this film.

Once upon a time in America -

Almost 4 hours of expert film making and still one of my favorite ever films. I need to pick up the extended version one day and check out Leon's other non Western films.

Board footer