You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: Most Recent Movie You've Seen

AtariLegend wrote:

Passengers - It's almost defend-able, until the third act begins. At which point the central premise of the movie is betrayed and it strays from what could have been a decent concept for a psychophysical thriller into typical Hollywood cliché.

Hidden Text:

It pretty much Disney-fies Stockholm syndrome.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

AtariLegend wrote:

Passengers - It's almost defend-able, until the third act begins. At which point the central premise of the movie is betrayed and it strays from what could have been a decent concept for a psychophysical thriller into typical Hollywood cliché.

Hidden Text:

It pretty much Disney-fies Stockholm syndrome.

Hidden Text:

I don't know.  I understand your point, but had he not woken her, they would have been fucked when the fusion reactor malfunctioned and everyone would have died.  It was obviously a dick move, but I appreciated the conflict of choosing to spend the rest of your natural life alone in solitude versus forcing someone else to spend the rest of their life with you.  Overall I enjoyed it, but found the ending weak

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

I saw Scully, with Tom Hanks.  Wasn't a big fan.  It's a great story, but it did time shifting where it isn't linear, it jumps around from the hearings, to family stuff, then to the landing etc.  It really took alot away from the story of the landing & rescue.  Also, imho I think the FAA hearings was probably embellished a little bit, it tried to be like Flight with Denzel Washington. A much better movie.

johndivney wrote:

Arrival - loved it. Wasn't too keen on the whole global politics portrayal but enjoyed the rest of it especially as an essay on language. Went into it a little wary due to Amy Adams & Jeremy Renner both of whom I've never much cared for but came away converted, she was brilliant.

Hacksaw Ridge - loved it. A great war film, funny as fuck & crazy awesome action. Mel Gibson is one of my favourite directors.

johndivney wrote:

Silence - crap. Laughed at lot at Andrew Garfield & Adam drivers ridiculous accents. One of worst Scorsese films.

Manchester by the Sea - loved it. Grim as almighty fuck tho.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

Ex machina was pretty good...a bit predictable by the end tho

Green room is a pretty decent flick...recommended...especially if u like gory thriller type stuff...pretty violent

Saw rogue one twice...loved it

Hunger games and catching fire...we're actually ok...I've never seen them before ...Jennifer Lawrence is pretty cardboard tho

johndivney wrote:

Yea I loved Green Room. Loved the gore! I laughed so much. I love that sorta stuff. Good film.
Made me genuinely sad about that guy anton yelchin dying. He had a pretty bizarre death irl,his car slipped out of gear rolled backwards crushing him against his gate.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

Shot gun to the face was pretty intense lol

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

Eye in the Sky - Actually pretty enjoyable, didn't have high hopes but I liked it.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Don't Breathe. I was rooting for the blind guy.

Board footer