You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: Most Recent Movie You've Seen

misterID wrote:

Watching Unfriended 2, the sequel to that dopey movie that came out a couple years ago. It's pretty friggin good, especially for a straight to video film. I totally see a big lift from V\H\S. But wow, surprisingly good.

wasted
 Rep: 4 

wasted wrote:

I’ve been thinking about Once ....Hollywood and it’s just like the title suggests, what if Old Hollywood saved New Hollywood from Manson? Tarantino’s fantasy is the legit tough guy saves Hollywood from counter culture. But that’s it. The rest is just for fun it seems, follow the story you like.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

Hustlers was actually a great film.  It has a cool style to it, like a mix of Swingers, Oceans 11, & Goodfella's.  JLo does a really great job in it, I'd never really thought of her as an actor.  Before anyone think it 'glorifies criminals', doesn't Oceans 11, Goodfella's, Breaking Bad, Wolf of Wallstreet, The Depaarted & all mob movies do.

Anyway, it was way better than I expected, had a cool style to it. Nice job by the director imho.

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:

Hated Long Shot, with Set Rogan & Charlize Theron. imho 'Girl Most Likely' with Kristen Wiig is a farr better movie w/similar concept. This one's another Seth Rogan slopper, it's literally Knocked Up all over again, except that isn't really the sole plot of the film. It's still bad tho. Hated it.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

Hated Long Shot, with Set Rogan & Charlize Theron. imho 'Girl Most Likely' with Kristen Wiig is a farr better movie w/similar concept. This one's another Seth Rogan slopper, it's literally Knocked Up all over again, except that isn't really the sole plot of the film. It's still bad tho. Hated it.

Agree. Don’t get the love for it. However the video of him masturbating was funny.

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

Agree. Don’t get the love for it. However the video of him masturbating was funny.

Haha, yeah that was funny.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

Once Upon a Time in Hollywood  awesome movie better with each viewing

And Joker for the 5th time.  Excellent

AtariLegend wrote:

I seen a few in the last few days that I missed last year.

Ready or Not - This was fairly fun.

X-Men: Dark Phoenix - I was a fan of the series, but didn't like the previous entry. I expected this to be rubbish based on the reviews and trailer last year. It was actually alot better than expected and a huge improvement on the previous film, weird that it's ending now. They're getting rebooted for the mcu films apparently. So a chance to re-do the same villians again.Hopefully Mystique and Magneto aren't at the centre of that series.

Toy Story 4 - I really enjoyed it. For perspective the original Toy Story came out when I was a child, so I do feel like I can look back and remember where was I was at each point in life during each release. Definitely Disney/Pixars best series to spawn sequels.

Ad Astra - This was pretty good too. Another one with a generic trailer that was much better than the usual sci-fi/action fair Hollywood releases. Should have seen this in the cinema.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

I saw Ad Astra couple days ago. I had been hyped for it as I love space movies...more realistic ones anyways....but it was a swing and a miss.

It had so much potential and I have a feeling it was killed in a rewrite.

It was pretty much Apocalypse Now in space but was all over the place.

I didn't like the little "side missions" he went on.  Their only purpose was to add some action to it. It was also difficult to relate to his character.

The story of Tommy Lee Jones at Neptune was a jumbled mess....and the supposed threats to the inner solar system were not realistic.

It's a beautiful film though.

I need to finish Ready or Not. I started watching it, wasn't what I was expecting, and turned it off.

I might watch 1917 tonight.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

1917. Good, not great. The "single-take" thing is nice, but the story is just flat. Saving Private Ryan did a similar premise much better.

Board footer