You are not logged in. Please register or login.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

Re: Most Recent Movie You've Seen

polluxlm wrote:

Revolutions is worse. Only scenes worth watching are when Smith assimilates the Oracle and that dude who plays Smith in the real world. I think he was working like an extra or part of the crew and he was so good at doing Agent Smith impersonations in between takes they hired him for that role.

Reloaded is good fun if you skip to after the Zion scenes.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Georgia - Holy shit... Jennifer Jason Leigh was robbed of an Oscar. Fuck...she wasn't even nominated!! Even worse...in what looks like a slap in the face, Mare Winningham got nominated!

Leigh owns this film from beginning to end. Just an unbelievable performance. This movie will be added to my list of best 90s films. It drags a bit there in the middle but does a great job showing her spiral out of control as the loser in dysfunctional sibling rivalry.

Gotta watch this again soon. If you guys never watched it...I highly recommend it.

Rush - Watching Georgia caused me to look up her filmography and I saw this on the list... hadn't thought of this movie since its VHS release and is more known for the Clapton song Tears In Heaven than anything else.

They did a great job setting up the story but holy hell....it falls apart fairly quickly. It needed a rewrite. The moment they get hooked on drugs it just runs in place...too much time wasted on Patric and his drug feuled paranoia. She's the rookie yet holding her shit together while he falls apart.

Greg Allman as the villian doesn't work. He only speaks a couple lines during the film...you just see him walking back and forth through the bar and two car/courtroom scenes. I don't think I've ever seen a major character verging on being an extra.

A ridiculous moment is when the big bust they've been building up during the film happens....they don't even show it!

Sam Elliot is wasted here as well. Anybody could have been tossed in that role.

James

James wrote:
James wrote:

Here's an upcoming movie with Winona that looks interesting....

I check the various movie sites for updates and to see if anything I'm interested in pops up.

This film just did...in HD.

Gonna watch it tonight.

Triple H
 Rep: 2 

Triple H wrote:

Top Gun: Nice mix of nostalgia and newness. Fan service was done right. Actually had some emotion in parts. A nice, enjoyable compliment to the original movie.  Got a little too "Hollywood" near the end but not so much that it wasn't forgivable.

James

James wrote:
James wrote:
James wrote:

Here's an upcoming movie with Winona that looks interesting....

I check the various movie sites for updates and to see if anything I'm interested in pops up.

This film just did...in HD.

Gonna watch it tonight.

This movie was garbage. Ryder's boyfriend disappears the night they have to share the house with one of the most unlikeable couples ever. After it happens, she admits to her friend that she doesn't give a shit! If she doesn't give a shit, why should the viewer?!?

Of course she looks for him anyway and Mulroney (the owner of the house) gets involved. Within minutes you know that he's going to be connected to this nonsense...and the climax is absurd.

I should've stopped watching it when they met that couple...that was my first instinct.

I don't know why Hollywood makes people so unlikeable and insufferable in new movies.

Clear and Present Danger - Hadn't watched it since renting it on VHS. This is the best Jack Ryan film. Ford probably should've done a couple more... especially if there were any plans to properly continue the story(Ryan eventually becoming president).

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

Just watched Old Henry

Pretty fucking good film...nice to see that westerns are still being made

Stephen Dorph and Tim Blake Nelson

Also saw the Man from Toronto, I enjoyed that as well

And Miss Meadows...was ok

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

Also watched lightyear ... pretty fun if ur into toystory/pixar

The Northman ... was ok but a bit too artsy for my tastes

X ... pretty good at capturing that old slasher film vibe

Uncharted ... better than I thought nice homage to the first game

I think we're alone now...very good

Everything everywhere all at once ... I loved this movie super fun, sometimes u just need that old school Kung Foo movie...also nicebtonsee short round again (Indiana Jones and goonies)

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

At least covid has given me time to catch up on movies lol

James

James wrote:

Along Came A Spider - Another one I hadn't watched since release. It was like watching a new movie. I had also forgot it was a prequel to Kiss the Girls.

Great cast...and Freeman and Potter make a good team but the plot gets way too ridiculous and that twist/climax was beyond absurd.

Should've kept it simple.

I'm tempted to watch Kiss the Girls. It can't be worse than this.

Barbarians - Mentioned this earlier but the way new movies have so many unlikeable characters really brings the quality down.

This movie is two couples/business partners having dinner and a heated confrontation happens...and then there's a knock at the door....home invasion.

It was hard to pull for these people when you can't stand any of them.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Have you guys seen Rolling Thunder? Really crazy good. I see why Tarantino is obsessed with it. MV5BMTQ5MDIxMTkwNV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNDgyMTM4NA@@._V1_.jpg

Board footer