You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: Most Recent Movie You've Seen

James wrote:

Continuing my speed run of Dallas.

I'm in the middle of season 10....I completely slipped the dream season.

I've just about had my fill. The fake Jock storyline is completely dominating the season. Also sick of the Bobby-Pam-Jenna nonsense. This angle should've been wrapped up when Bobby and Pam remarried.

The new characters that have been introduced suck.

They also ruined Pam by season 7...a cold bitch. Making her mega rich through meeting her biological mother was a step too far. Now she's verging on an oil tycoon with Cliff although she doesn't do anything but sit at her desk.

After I finish this season, gonna watch the first two seasons.

James

James wrote:

Just finished season 10. This is the brick wall.

They just ruined the show. They've lost Ewing Oil, JR is powerless, Pam in the horrific car wreck due to Principal leaving the show, the new characters....

The show should've ended at season 8.

Gonna start at the beginning tonight and watch up until season 3.

It really was an amazing show for awhile. Must see TV.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

They didn't show Dallas over here until the late 90s. Dynasty was all the rage. I was watching re runs of that when I came home from school as a kid. Soaps are easy to like if you just get into them. Now I'm mostly too old and set in my ways to watch that type of stuff.

Think I can comfortably say I've never watched a Dallas episode. But yet I know somebody shot JR. That's how big the cultural impact was. Huge in the 80s.

James

James wrote:

"Who shot JR?' was MASSIVE.

I was in kindergarten and we were speculating about it on the playground. Everyone from great grannies to preschoolers were watching this show.

That level of impact can never happen again. We live in an era of internet, smartphones, a thousand cable channels, and short attention spans.

That many people from all demographics will never watch the same show at the same time again.

I could never get into Dynasty. Maybe I should give it a chance.

I'm on season one....really a 5 episode miniseries. They didn't know yet it was going to become a phenomenon.

It's beautiful....as most 70s film is. I LOVE the original Southfork...I had forgotten how they changed it later on.

James

James wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

Soaps are easy to like if you just get into them. Now I'm mostly too old and set in my ways to watch that type of stuff. .

I noticed this while watching it. It's a huge investment of time because some storylines are drug out for literally multiple seasons.

Want to find out if Cliff is gonna get revenge on JR for screwing him out of that deal? You've got two seasons to find out.

If I couldn't marathon seasons on Amazon, no way in hell would I ever bother watching it or any of the other shows.

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

slashsfro wrote:
James wrote:

That level of impact can never happen again. We live in an era of internet, smartphones, a thousand cable channels, and short attention spans

Those days are lost now where a show can cross race, age, socioeconomic status and just kind of be something people can rally around and talk about.  Ditto with album releases as events.

I think we should all be happy to have experienced it (face it we are all the same age here) before it got lost and extinct to the ravages of time and progression.

Board footer