You are not logged in. Please register or login.

strat0
 Rep: 13 

Re: Most Recent Movie You've Seen

strat0 wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

^^Yeah, I agree, I liked that movie. Didn't mind the monster too soon part, the whole NYC party scene was annoying the hell outta me. Getting to the point where I just hoped all those annoying people would just die anyway.

They're supposedly making a sequel.

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

strat0 wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

^^Yeah, I agree, I liked that movie. Didn't mind the monster too soon part, the whole NYC party scene was annoying the hell outta me. Getting to the point where I just hoped all those annoying people would just die anyway.

They're supposedly making a sequel.

There's certainly scope for a sequel, plenty of directions it could go.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:

Benjamin Button.

Great yet depressing movie with a hell of a presentation on Blu-ray.

tejastech08

tejastech08 wrote:
russtcb wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:

Benjamin Button.

Great yet depressing movie with a hell of a presentation on Blu-ray.

I stood there with both this and Slumdog in my hand the other day. I was gonna blind buy both but ended up putting them back.

Just finished watching Forgetting Sarah Marshall.

Russell Brands delivery is fn great.

I blind-bought Button. I wouldn't recommend blind-buying Slumdog. The cinematography is great in Slumdog. In fact it's the strongest element of the film. Slumdog is an overrated film though. Cliched as hell. More of a fairy tale than TDK despite TDK being in the fucking superhero genre. Button gave me a new outlook on life and its cinematography was some of the best I've ever seen...and the Blu-ray is the best live action high def footage I've seen other than maybe the 40 minutes of IMAX footage in TDK.

And Button also has a 3 hour long documentary about the making of the film. It's a very interesting look at how it lingered in development hell due to the special effects limitations. Spielberg was attached to the project in the early 1990's in fact. At one point Fincher admitted that he lied to both the producers and Brad Pitt that the visual effects wouldn't be a problem. He used to work at ILM and he said that was the first thing he learned while working in the technology field: if someone asks you if something can be done, go ahead and lie about it, then hope you can pull it off on the fly. 16

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:

Star Trek. Very enjoyable film and a fantastic reboot of the franchise.

supaplex
 Rep: 57 

supaplex wrote:
Axl S wrote:

Star Trek. Very enjoyable film and a fantastic reboot of the franchise.

+1. great movie altogether. can't wait for the next one 9

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

Aliens, Directors Cut.

Those marines were just annoying.

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

I saw Taken for the second time the other day, still excellent.

Saw V, dissappointing, perhaps not as bad as III but certainly nowhere near I or II in terms of quality of plot.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Shoot To Kill

tejastech08

tejastech08 wrote:

Zodiac.

Board footer