You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Scabbie
 Rep: 33 

Re: Staff cuts hit Geffen. Interscope

Scabbie wrote:

Staff cuts don't necessarily mean big projects get shelved. All projects have a priority and if the record company thinks Chinese Democracy can make them money they'll find the staff to make it happen.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
Saikin wrote:
Jameslofton wrote:

The moment CD is passed in, it will be fast tracked to be released.

While thats most likely true, if people on the food chain are getting fired left and right, its easy to imagine any big project getting put on the back burner, at least temporarily.

As I mentioned earlier, we'll have to watch other artists under the Uni umbrella in the coming months and see how this is effecting them.

Plus if it was passed it, esp if it was 3 months ago like claimed, it would have leaked by now.

Not all albums leak that far in advance. M.I.A.'s last album leaked around 10 days or so before release(August), and had an original release date in June which got pushed back. A few journalists heard the album in June and it still didn't leak.

If memory serves me correctly, VR's album leaked about a week before release.

I think it was even less than week James.  I believe it wasn't over 5 days before the actual release.

Same with Avenged Sevenfold.  They announced a date in July, then it got pushed back two weeks.  They released "Critical Acclaim" online, then released their single and music video, and the album leaked less than a week before it was released.

and angel down leaked the day of release...record companies are getting keen on how the leaking happens i think...personally i dont think its been handed in yet...i think its done....i think execs have heard it....but i dont think they have it, and i dont think they will until the fabled negotiations are finished..

otherwise if the label has it....why on earth would they need to negotiate for?

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Scabbie
 Rep: 33 

Scabbie wrote:

If they have it I just hope some disgruntled member of staff on the list of cuts leaks every fucking song.

Sorry I just don't see how else we're going to get our hands on this music.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:
Scabbie wrote:

If they have it I just hope some disgruntled member of staff on the list of cuts leaks every fucking song.

Sorry I just don't see how else we're going to get our hands on this music.

Exactly. Leak the fucker. I don't want to give Axl anymore of my damn money for nothing anyhow. Dick.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

AtariLegend wrote:

The new album will come when it is ready, and it will be what Axl planned.

Source: http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?sho … try1945683

This kinda makes it look different...

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:

The new album will come when it is ready, and it will be what Axl planned.

Translation: Don't expect the album anytime soon.

He used to make similar statements in 04/05. The cycle has begun again.

I think we're gonna be able to rule out 2008 pretty damn early in the year.

Backslash
 Rep: 80 

Backslash wrote:
Jameslofton wrote:

What's you talkin' 'bout, James? It's already ruled out in my books.  2009 is grim too.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Backslash wrote:
Jameslofton wrote:

What's you talkin' 'bout, James? It's already ruled out in my books.  2009 is grim too.

I wouldn't jump the gun and rule out the year after next, but 08 is definitely looking bad. At least U2, Metallica, REM,etc. are releasing albums in 08. Hopefully MIA does something as well. Also, the music world is long overdue for "the next big thing", so maybe that will happen in 08.

Board footer