You are not logged in. Please register or login.

dr_love6977
 Rep: 38 

Re: The BATMAN Thread

dr_love6977 wrote:

With as dark as these 2 movies have been, they're kinda limited in the villains they can use. Catwoman is right out, but I think they could make a really creepy Penguin. Hell, DeVito's penguin was creepy enough in a lighter movie. I agree with A Private Eye too- They could darken up the riddler a bit as well. Maybe make him into a Lechter-esque type of character.

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:
dr_love6977 wrote:

With as dark as these 2 movies have been, they're kinda limited in the villains they can use. Catwoman is right out, but I think they could make a really creepy Penguin. Hell, DeVito's penguin was creepy enough in a lighter movie. I agree with A Private Eye too- They could darken up the riddler a bit as well. Maybe make him into a Lechter-esque type of character.

Now that's a good idea. 

Penguin- i really don't think that villian should be brought back.  Period.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Saikin

Saikin wrote:
russtcb wrote:
Saikin wrote:
dr_love6977 wrote:

Now that's a good idea. 

Penguin- i really don't think that villian should be brought back.  Period.

I firmly believe

Hidden Text:

that while Harvey Dent is dead, that Two Face is alive and well. So I'd like to see him back

along with Penguin. I think going the Riddler route would make people think they were trying to recapture the Joker magic again.

I agree about the Riddler fully.  It could be WAY too much like The Joker to really work. 

Hidden Text:

I think i was the first person to suggest the Two Face still being alive thing in this thread.:haha:  I too firmly believe they 'killed' Dent so he could be remembered a hero and locked Two Face away.   That's the best way to do a third movie i feel

Of course, there's always the course of using an unknown villian if they didn't do the above.  That would be the next best idea.

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

Hidden Text:

How could Dent die and Two Face be alive? They were the same person. The fall either killed Dent/Two Face or it didn't but you can't have it killing Dent and not Two Face it makes no sense.

The trouble with Riddler is he is similar to Joker in many ways which could appear a cheap way of continuing the Joker story except just swapping the villain. I'd still love to see Riddler done by Nolan though, it would be awesome. The other thing is, if they do go with Riddler or Penguin it's just going to look like they are recycling the older franchises villains. Trouble is all the best villains got used in the older franchise, not only that but with this more 'realistic' Nolan franchise only certain villains would fit in with the films, the more outrageous cartoony villains wouldn't work, which only leaves Nolan with a limited number of villains to use and the best one's have been used once over.

Saikin

Saikin wrote:
Hidden Text:

Dent didn't actually die.  But Gordon put on the funeral and declared him dead so the world would remember him as a hero and not as a villian.  They then locked away Two Face.  Would make a lot of sense.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

If that's what they do then it's a plausable story and I could see it happening.

Hidden Text:

Only problem is they gave every impression that he was dead after the fall, I know they never said he was dead (at least I don't think they did) but the way Batman turned his face back to over to the Dent side and stuff it just appeared as though they were talking about him as if he was dead.

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

Hidden Text:

If he was alive that was the worst ever medical ever. A guy who's fallen several stories and is unconscious, possily dead, with 3rd degree burns no less, and they turn his head over? They don't call for medics? They didn't even check his pulse - I know the hopeful will use that as proof that he isn't dead, that they never declared him based on a heartbeat or pulse, but if he wasn't dead Bats probably killed him turning his head over like that.

I want him back. Badly. But I think he's gone. And besides, if all of Harvey is gone, and only the evil of Two-Face is left, he's not that interesting of a character. The good side of Harvey has to survive for a 3rd movie including him to be any good.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Communist China wrote:
Hidden Text:

If he was alive that was the worst ever medical ever. A guy who's fallen several stories and is unconscious, possily dead, with 3rd degree burns no less, and they turn his head over? They don't call for medics? They didn't even check his pulse - I know the hopeful will use that as proof that he isn't dead, that they never declared him based on a heartbeat or pulse, but if he wasn't dead Bats probably killed him turning his head over like that.

This is a superhero movie we're talking about here. You could drop ten thousand nukes on someone's head and there's a 99.9% chance of them returning for the sequel.

Communist China wrote:
Hidden Text:

besides, if all of Harvey is gone, and only the evil of Two-Face is left, he's not that interesting of a character. The good side of Harvey has to survive for a 3rd movie including him to be any good.

Good point.

Board footer