You are not logged in. Please register or login.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

Re: The BATMAN Thread

monkeychow wrote:

I have mixed views on returns. Sometimes I love it. Sometimes I hate it. I can never decide.

I love burton but I think it just got too burtonish.

Like the 89 batman film was a perfect blend, burtons kooky style, with that gothic feel, and it really suited the source material of batman i think.

But the second one they really upped the anty on the wierdness. And a lot of the believability was gone.

Like to me one of the things that's believable about batman is that he's a regualr dude. Ok fucked up, skilled to hell and a millionaire. But he's not like superboy or powersman or radioactive dude. He's just a man on a mission.

The 89 movie was a fucked up alternate world of gothic stuff, but where zaniy batman shit made sense still. Like they live in that world and a guy would dress as a bat to solve stuff. But like the second movie - you've got the pengin with armies of robot penguins or whatever driving around in a duck car or something and it really kind of pushed it a little far. Also as much as I normally love christopher walken...the whole max shrek thing was kinda cheesy the way it was written.

Then again...cat woman was kinda cool. And not just cos she looked good in that suit...something about the bad ass way michelle played it seemed to work.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

AtariLegend wrote:

Gordon-Levitt's 'Dark Knight Rises' Role Revealed

Variety has updated their earlier article and revealed Joseph Gordon-Levitt's role in The Dark Knight Rises will be as Alberto Falcone, the son of Mafia chieftain Carmine Falcone, the character Tom Wilkinson played in Batman Begins.

Alberto Falcone, also known as the serial killer the Holiday Killer, is said to be based on Fredo Corleone of the Godfather series and was featured in Jeph Loeb and Tim Sale series' "Batman: The Long Halloween" and "Batman: Dark Victory".

This news meshes with a previous quote from Gary Oldman talking about the story saying, "It's the scope of it and the way [Christopher Nolan] sort of brings it back to Batman Begins. And really what Bruce Wayne discovers about himself and what he learns about himself by the end of this one."

Cinematographer Wally Pfister (Inception, The Dark Knight) made a similar statement previously saying:

"[Chris Nolan] actually had me go back and wanted me to watch, in IMAX, Batman Begins and The Dark Knight again. When I watched those I had read the script for The  Dark Knight Rises and was like, ‘dude, it is a perfect trilogy.’ I think that was his intent, to work off those two pictures — and they are very different pictures. And it’s funny, we all had different opinions about which picture we like better.”

The Dark Knight Rises is slated to hit theaters on July 20, 2012 with Christian Bale returning along with Michael Caine, Gary Oldman and Morgan Freeman. Tom Hardy will play the film's lead villain Bane and Anne Hathaway will play Selina Kyle. Shooting is expected to take place in London and Los Angeles in May.

From: http://www.ropeofsilicon.com/article/go … e-revealed

AtariLegend wrote:

Really cool if true, "Holiday" is a really cool, important character.

Hope they don't add Marion Colltard as "Talia Al Ghul" though, it'd be overkill and too many villians playing side roles.

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

Nolan's been really good at making the movies about Bruce instead of about the villains (although obviously a lot of people thought the Joker stole the show in TDK) so I'll trust him. Really excited for this movie mostly because I have no idea what to expect. I ate up the ARG for TDK, but I'm considering just being ignorant about Rises and enjoying it when it gets here. Casting decisions I like to know but I like being in the dark about the plot.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

It'll be nice to have a full, complete trilogy with a beginning, middle and end, with the Batman name on it.

Every previous direction would do one liked film, then do one that'd get them fired. Nolan making a Batman trilogy, with two great films already behind him, it'll just be nice in the years to come to watch those Nolan films over and over.

Not that it wasn't already obvious, but the Nolanverse is gonna be the most acknowledged Batmanverse eventually imo.

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:

I'm unimpressed by the choice of villains in this one.  Bane I never liked too much, and I really didn't want to see Catwoman again. 

I was hoping for more intelligent villains. 

I guess in a way it's the right time for Catwoman.  Since Rachel died in the last one, Bruce will be more vulnerable to Catwoman's charms. 

At least there's no Robin.

IRISH OS1R1S
 Rep: 59 

IRISH OS1R1S wrote:

Is the Riddler going to be in this one?
I think Riddler in the hands of Nolan would be pure epicness.

Tell me it is so.... 11

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

It is not.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
Saikin wrote:

I'm unimpressed by the choice of villains in this one.  Bane I never liked too much, and I really didn't want to see Catwoman again. 

I was hoping for more intelligent villains. 

I guess in a way it's the right time for Catwoman.  Since Rachel died in the last one, Bruce will be more vulnerable to Catwoman's charms. 

At least there's no Robin.

The selection of villians is too selective, and will 'cause the film to pull in less box office than the previous two, probably less than even Begins, regardless of Nolan and the anticipation of the follow up to TDK.

Anytime a Batman film has had less known villians, casual audiences ticket sales went down. There's a reason the highest grossing Batman films involved The Joker.

Warner Bros. might've shot themselves in the foot by not demanding The Riddler or even The Penguin in this one.

Board footer