You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Horrific
 Rep: 7 

Re: SLASH Says Movie Of His Book Could Be 'Interesting'.

Horrific wrote:

The Pulse of Radio reports that VELVET REVOLVER and former GUNS N' ROSES guitarist Slash said backstage at the American Music Awards on Sunday night (November 18) that there had been "some interest" from Hollywood in a film version of his recently published autobiography, but that he hadn't "really looked into it." Slash told The Pulse of Radio that he'd be open to the idea, but not without some restrictions. "The one thing I wouldn't have them do or allow them to do would be to actually do the book with the characters in it, the way that they are in real life as far as who they are," he said. "You know, if you wanted to take the story and make up some people (laughs) and change the names and all that kind of stuff, and make everybody fictional, it could be interesting. But if you were gonna try and go, 'Okay, this is Slash and this is Axl (Rose) and this is Slash's mom, and this character's gonna play Scott (Weiland),' no, I wouldn't allow it."

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbe … emID=85325

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Its gonna happen. For him to even mention such a scenario means the idea was pitched to him by a studio.

We're going to get the story of GNR through a fictional band so no lawsuits can happen.

Interesting indeed......

Very interesting.    I wonder if they have to get permission from Axl in any way shape or form since someone has to play him and his likeness will be in the movie.   

If that's the case, it ain't gonna happen then.

Rex
 Rep: 50 

Rex wrote:
DoubleTalkingJive wrote:

Very interesting.    I wonder if they have to get permission from Axl in any way shape or form since someone has to play him and his likeness will be in the movie.   

Slash said that the only way he'd allow a movie is for them to make up a fake band with fake members, but with the same events mentioned in the book.

So it wouldn't be Slash, Axl, Duff, Izzy, or Steven/Matt but alter-egos I guess you could say?

Either way I'm lookin' forward to this if it happens.

Synyster Gates wrote:
DoubleTalkingJive wrote:

Slash said that the only way he'd allow a movie is for them to make up a fake band with fake members, but with the same events mentioned in the book.

So it wouldn't be Slash, Axl, Duff, Izzy, or Steven/Matt but alter-egos I guess you could say?

Ofcourse because he knows Axl would have said no to everything.  Smart.

Rex

Rex wrote:
DoubleTalkingJive wrote:
Synyster Gates wrote:
DoubleTalkingJive wrote:

Yeah, I bought the book on Sunday and I'm already several hundred pages into it. 

It would make a great movie with or without real people. 

I wanna know if this goes anywhere though.

elmir
 Rep: 53 

elmir wrote:
DoubleTalkingJive wrote:

i dont think that's the reason why he would want it fictional.
more like a fat ass lawsuit which could be coming his way thereafter is what prompted that thought.....it would cost him all the potential cash he could make off a feature film....and he seems to be on a roll currently with income streaming in from all sources...doubt he'd want to fuck that up....

elmir wrote:
DoubleTalkingJive wrote:

i dont think that's the reason why he would want it fictional.
more like a fat ass lawsuit which could be coming his way thereafter is what prompted that thought.....it would cost him all the potential cash he could make off a feature film....and he seems to be on a roll currently with income streaming in from all sources...doubt he'd want to fuck that up....

Yeah... with Axl handing in the first one.

Rex

Rex wrote:

Yeah, not the smartest thing to give Axl a reason to sue.

He'd be all over that like flies on shit.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Yeah, Slash is turning into a money machine in the second half of his career. Well, he always made money but you get the point. He continues to move forward musically, and at the same time is willing to tell his story, in book and now what's definitely going to be a major hollywood film. He is also becoming big in the game industry with his presence in the guitar game.

He's literally putting the cards in place to be a major icon for the rest of his life.

Board footer