You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Paxcow
 Rep: 5 

Re: So where exactly is Axl Rose?

Paxcow wrote:

velvet revolver pretty much sucked except for a few good songs.

mickronson
 Rep: 118 

mickronson wrote:

have to agree, mainly down to weiland. snakepit was far better.  tho the good songs where slash bailed weiland out were very good...

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

its just weird that the guy who got an MTV crew to pick up up from jail, the guy who made three very extravagant over the top videos is the same guy today who won't release a video or do any press........

People are acting like he has always been this way and that isn't so.

He doesn't want to be asked tough questions in my opinion.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

He was in his prime at that time. He was on top of the world. It isn't his spotlight anymore. When he wants to go public he will until then forum posts are fine with me.

Brett
 Rep: 20 

Brett wrote:

I know, I know. Grammy's don't count, big record sales don't count, etc... because Axl's not in the band. Remember when sales mattered? Then Chinese Democracy flopped and suddenly accolades and sales and fandom mean nothing. Axl doesn't have to speak because the music speaks for itself, it's a great record so be happy. etc...

Contraband was a great rock record. Lose your delusions.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

maybe there is something wrong with me...but I think Contraband and Chinese Democracy are both great records.

Just because some of the band members used to work together and choose not to anymore, doesn't mean we have to take sides or dislike one type of sound because we like another.

Two albums that I've enjoyed more than most of the stuff out there!

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

maybe there is something wrong with me...but I think Contraband and Chinese Democracy are both great records.

Just because some of the band members used to work together and choose not to anymore, doesn't mean we have to take sides or dislike one type of sound because we like another.

Two albums that I've enjoyed more than most of the stuff out there!

I agree.  I like both Contraband and Chinese Democracy.  And i like both STP and GNR.  It seems people feel they need to pick sides on these debates.  Both are great records, and both are great bands.

Brett
 Rep: 20 

Brett wrote:

Chinese Democracy is definitely better than Contraband, but the way people here act towards Contraband is laughable to the point that those who always talk shit on it are just inane.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
Brett wrote:

Chinese Democracy is definitely better than Contraband, but the way people here act towards Contraband is laughable to the point that those who always talk shit on it are just inane.

Agreed, I loved Contraband when it came out.  I don't listen to it much anymore, but I could still throw it on and enjoy it all the same.  I do find it strange that most people feel they have to pick a side and throw all their support into one band and hate the other.  I've never really understood that.  I'll always appreciate Slash and Duff and if VR continues in some form I'm sure I'll continue to follow them as well.

Board footer