You are not logged in. Please register or login.

war
 Rep: 108 

Re: Metallica make offer to tour with Guns N' Roses

war wrote:

gnr and metallica were

Co-Headliners

gnr was bigger but were humble enough to accept equal titles
axl, on the other hand, did demand to go on last due to his well known lifestle.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:
skippy wrote:

I think that this would be foolish on Guns part.

They did this back in the day, I saw it, and Metallica destroyed them and Axl's attempt to rip-off the Stones with 43 different members of the band doing flute solos and whatnot.

Metallica and Faith No More brought the huge butthurt to GNR's overpolished show.

I recommend a GNR start bringing the heavy back, or they might be opening up for John Tesh or Josh Grobin.

And yes, grow musically and all that, but for god sakes, no one wants to see Zig Zag's harmonica solo while Axl changes into a red jacket.

14:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
supaplex wrote:

sorry but you're wrong, in dublin they started their set in full daylight. just an example off the top of my head

Oh my fucking god, i'm getting so fucking sick of this. You know EXACTLY what he's talking about, and you know it's 100% fucking TRUE.

Going on, on time, on one or two shows, does not excuse an entire tour, over the span of 2 years, where he went on at 11pm at the earliest, usually past midnight.

I'm not singling you out per say, but i'm fed up with people using that Dublin 2006 show to excuse behavior of the past 18 YEARS.

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:

lol

settle down ozzy

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

slashsfro wrote:

sorry but you're wrong, in dublin they started their set in full daylight. just an example off the top of my head

I think the only reason that he showed up early was because there was a midnight curfew and that power would be shut off after that.

As far as Metallica ever touring with GNR again that will never happen as James and Kirk don't really care for Axl.  James recently compared Axl to Hitler.  Honestly, I think they were just being nice out of respect to Lars' friendship with Axl.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
war wrote:

lol

settle down ozzy

Fuckin'... ehh... fu fu fu....de de de... love... Shaddran... fu fu fu fuckin'.... prince a dahkness...

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

He does a hell of a Take me out to the Ballgame.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

I can't see a tour happening at all.

Metallica are a reliable, hard-working, touring rock band and with all the therapy bullshit they went through, they are now very grounded people as well.
Whereas GN'R and the ever erratic Axl, as great as their live shows can be, are completely unpredictable and unreliable.

Maybe a few co-headlining shows could be possible, but a whole tour? No way.

Board footer