You are not logged in. Please register or login.

DCK
 Rep: 207 

Re: Lars Comments on "Better" Video

DCK wrote:

All Bumblefoot lead guitar album? Don't make me laugh. If that's the case I'll eat my own boxers.

Paxcow
 Rep: 5 

Paxcow wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Axl has NO business sense at all. I think everyone has known that for years.

And it's pretty pathetic that everyone (not here) is jumping on Beta's case. Axl is a grown ass man and makes his own decisions or non-decisions for that matter. It's not Beta's fault that he couldn't run a fuckin' gas station.

once again you have no idea what you're talking about. roll

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:
James Lofton wrote:
war wrote:

i have a theory about the next album being almost all bumblefoot on lead guitar.

Then you can go ahead and tattoo "not interested" on my forehead.

The last thing anything in the vault needs is the same treatment Chinese Democracy received. If Bumble or Frank need to become that big of a contributor, start a new album from scratch and quit doing everything you can to fuck up songs that were already good.

It isn't really fair to any post-2004 members to have to add shit to old music.

lol only cuz i know yur a big bucket fan

let me restate my point.

i think cd WAS the best of the bucket/finck era songs with minor contributions from bumble and finck. i think axl had a vision of what the tracklists should be based on the meanings of the songs but the label had a different vision based on marketing the band and it's music. so they released/buried it that way.

i think the next album will be predominately bumble and it will be mostly new music with some severely reworked songs like silkworms for example.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:
war wrote:
James Lofton wrote:
war wrote:

i have a theory about the next album being almost all bumblefoot on lead guitar.

The last thing anything in the vault needs is the same treatment Chinese Democracy received. If Bumble or Frank need to become that big of a contributor, start a new album from scratch and quit doing everything you can to fuck up songs that were already good.

let me restate my point.

i think cd WAS the best of the bucket/finck era songs with minor contributions from bumble and finck. i think axl had a vision of what the tracklists should be based on the meanings of the songs but the label had a different vision based on marketing the band and it's music. so they released/buried it that way.

i think the next album will be predominately bumble and it will be mostly new music with some severely reworked songs like silkworms for example.

If you want a reunion, there's the best way to do it. Release an album with a dude on lead who produced the worst work on CD. It'll be DOA.

I don't see how drastically reworking Silkworms or The General whatever they have is going to help matters.

Shackler's Revenge is a perfect example. Bucket wrote it and probably played most/all guitars on it, then for some reason it becomes Ron's showcase. What you end up with is what most consider the worst song on CD.

Or Rhiad, which I know wasn't drastically reworked, but what we got was far inferior to the previous version. It has no flow now. Bucket's work throughout Rhiad related, now we get Bumble smack dab in the middle, which makes Bucket's outro sound a bit out of place. But the reality is, the intro, solo and outro had a similar sound/feel/effects in demo version that is ruined in the final version.

And let's not even get started on Catcher.

A Bumble-centric follow-up? No thanks. Don't waste everyone's time, Axl.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
Paxcow wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Axl has NO business sense at all. I think everyone has known that for years.

And it's pretty pathetic that everyone (not here) is jumping on Beta's case. Axl is a grown ass man and makes his own decisions or non-decisions for that matter. It's not Beta's fault that he couldn't run a fuckin' gas station.

once again you have no idea what you're talking about. roll

Once again you've added nothing to the conversation. 22

war

war wrote:
bigbri wrote:
war wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

let me restate my point.

If you want a reunion, there's the best way to do it. Release an album with a dude on lead who produced the worst work on CD. It'll be DOA.

I don't see how drastically reworking Silkworms or The General whatever they have is going to help matters.

Shackler's Revenge is a perfect example. Bucket wrote it and probably played most/all guitars on it, then for some reason it becomes Ron's showcase. What you end up with is what most consider the worst song on CD.

Or Rhiad, which I know wasn't drastically reworked, but what we got was far inferior to the previous version. It has no flow now. Bucket's work throughout Rhiad related, now we get Bumble smack dab in the middle, which makes Bucket's outro sound a bit out of place. But the reality is, the intro, solo and outro had a similar sound/feel/effects in demo version that is ruined in the final version.

And let's not even get started on Catcher.

A Bumble-centric follow-up? No thanks. Don't waste everyone's time, Axl.

well, first off i never said it was a good thing or that i wanted it to happen.

as perfect as the catcher solo was by brian may by itself it no longer fits the song when you take all of the other changes in effect. i think sometimes it's easy to forget that it's mostly opinions we are talking here and, more importantly, people tend to prefer the version they hear first. there is a reason may was taken out of the song in favor of bumblefoot and i'm sure it is the reason i gave you. either way, i guarantee it wasn't cause axl has bad hearing, or has a hard on for bumblefoot, or cause he wants the album to be lesser in quality.

i also never said they were going to or needed to rework the general or silkworms in particular - my point was that the second album would probably contatin newer songs, more bumblefoot, and any old songs that had been drastically reworked. the old songs that didn't need drastic reworking we already got on nov. 23.

shackler's revenge is a pretty simlpe song. regardless of who recorded it, it was not going to set the world on fire.  i'm guessing the final version is pretty similar to what bucket wrote. like riad, there is a reason bumble was added to the song. based on how diverse the album is axl may have needed ron to add a touch of variety to a bucket heavy set of songs in order to achieve that diversity.

bucket is my favorite guitart player from the post slash versions of gnr but he has his limitations like everyone else. it's silly to assume everything he touches turns to gold and bumble came in and ruined it all. i do prefer bucket's solo on riad and that is the ony complaint i have about the solos on the album but maybe axl thought it sounded too much like the irs solo????

it's important to see the songs as an album and as a whole and remember that all of these demos we heard first were not presented in finished form nor were they presented in a tracklist. a solo here or a chord progression there may sound repetitive in one tracklist but sound fresh in another.

war

war wrote:
DCK wrote:

All Bumblefoot lead guitar album? Don't make me laugh. If that's the case I'll eat my own boxers.

how much have you really heard from the guy? I never understood the hate for his playing. We have heard very little of his gnr work and of that it's all him playing other people's shit. obviously, anything he writes will be a much better indicator of what he does.

his solo work, whether you like it or not, is probably the best way to get a feel for him but even that angle is dicey for it's such a different type of music than gnr.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

I think that CD overall is a bad indicator of anyones playing

some people are so set on the leaks that they cant listen to the Album objectively and the material on CD is material recorded over a 10 year time frame and all spliced together, on top of that its people emulating other people writing who in turn were emulating someone else, and making things fit in with decade old song structures

at best its a mish mash of alot of things, which is why i had to listen closely a few times through the album to really take it all in and make an opinion for myself

in any case this side discussion is really taking away from how stupid it is to hold up a "monumental music campaign" to wait for someone to sign off on a hug which signifies a 16 year old feud that is pretty much long forgotten by all except the 30 year old dinosaurs (like me) that cared about the 1992 metallica/gnr co headline tour in the first place

war

war wrote:

also very true

strat0
 Rep: 13 

strat0 wrote:
Neemo wrote:

I think that CD overall is a bad indicator of anyones playing

some people are so set on the leaks that they cant listen to the Album objectively and the material on CD is material recorded over a 10 year time frame and all spliced together, on top of that its people emulating other people writing who in turn were emulating someone else, and making things fit in with decade old song structures

at best its a mish mash of alot of things, which is why i had to listen closely a few times through the album to really take it all in and make an opinion for myself

in any case this side discussion is really taking away from how stupid it is to hold up a "monumental music campaign" to wait for someone to sign off on a hug which signifies a 16 year old feud that is pretty much long forgotten by all except the 30 year old dinosaurs (like me) that cared about the 1992 metallica/gnr co headline tour in the first place

I think that's the reason I like CD so much. I wasn't here through all the leaks. I was only hear for the 06 leaks and after.

and btw if anyone knows about the instrumental leaks...:peace:

Board footer