You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Re: Axl Rose Speaks to Billboard

Olorin wrote:
faldor wrote:

As for the leaks, I thought his response was pretty good there.  I mean he actually said he can't honestly say if they were good or bad for the album.  But what's wrong with saying some people get attached to the leaks?  Is that not what happens?  I thought it was admirable that Axl came to the forums and spoke to the "fans".  I thought everyone agreed on that?  Now it's not okay to talk about fans?  Shame on Axl for paying attention.

Thats not the point.

You think Billboard or Reuters or anybody with a life cares about what a couple of geeks say about demos on the internet?

I think its quite sad he has things like that on his mind at this time.

Sky Dog wrote:
D-Machine wrote:

I for one have been taking tons of hits over at HTGTH but I don't give a shit anymore.Its gotten to the point where the only thing they can come back at me with is taking shots at "MY MUSIC"

has it gotten so pathetic, that the only way to argue with a poster is to take personal low blow shots at an Indy Musician on a forum?

I find it all pretty damn hysterical and just pathetic to be honest.

Listening to "Sorry" I have to laugh. Its like when one of those diva chicks sings a break up song and tries to claim they don't think about or care anymore while pouring their broken hearts out.

I can't help but snicker and laugh at the line in Sorry where he says "No body cares about you" or I'll kick your ass blah blah

Yeah he'll kick Slash's ass right after he beats up Vince Neil right?

anyhow, I don't care what anyone Says, right now Slash is WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY ahead on the scorecards. Velvet Revolver, a band with NO brand name, started from scratch and has torched the New GNR sales wise. I can hear a million excuses but I don't give a shit cause the numbers don't lie.

I believe Axl had this huge illusion that HE was Guns N Roses, and HE was the reason the band was awesome and Slash and CO were lucky to be in his presence.

He probably figured Slash would leave, no longer be a star or loved and would come crawling, begging back.

what happened was, Slash went on to become even a BIGGER star and Axl has now made GNR a fucking joke.

it just pisses me off everytime I hear him make some lame bullshit excuse and take zero culpability.

I am tempted to go have my Axl tattoo I have covered up.

Wear your grudge like a crown of negativity.
Calculate what we will or will not tolerate.
Desperate to control all and everything.
Unable to forgive your scarlet lettermen.
Clutch it like a cornerstone. Otherwise it all comes down.
Justify denials and grip it to the lonesome end.
Terrified of being wrong. Ultimatum prison cell.

Saturn ascends, choose one or ten. Hang on or be humbled again.

Justify denials and grip it to the lonesome end.
Saturn ascends, comes round again.
Saturn ascends, the one, the ten. Ignorant to the damage done.

Wear your grudge like a crown of negativity.
Calculate what you will or will not tolerate.
Desperate to control all and everything.
Unable to forgive your scarlet lettermen.

Wear the grudge like a crown. Desperate to control.
Unable to forgive. And we're sinking deeper.

Defining, confining, sinking deeper. Controlling, defining, and we're sinking deeper.

Saturn comes back around to show you everything
Let's you choose what you will not see and then
Drags you down like a stone or lifts you up again
Spits you out like a child, light and innocent.

Saturn comes back around. Lifts you up like a child or
Drags you down like a stone to
Consume you till you choose to let this go.
Choose to let this go.

Give away the stone. Let the oceans take and transmutate this cold and fated anchor.
Give away the stone. Let the waters kiss and transmutate these leaden grudges into gold.

Let go.   16

Olorin

Olorin wrote:

I actually dont give a shit. D comes here quite often complaining about his treatment there. I've also read firsthand the many, many potshots taken at him and others.

Fuck them.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

They asked about the leaks and he gave an honest answer.  I don't think Axl should cater his answers to what Billboard, Reuters, or anybody with a life cares about.  After all EVERYONE cares about the Axl/Slash debacle yet EVERYONE on hear claims they're sick of hearing about it.  So which is it?  Should Axl answer the way Billboard wants about Slash, which he did.  Or the way everyone on here supposedly wants and take the high road?  You can't have it both ways.

Olorin

Olorin wrote:

They asked about leaks, not what he considers to be people with a history of being detractors from his fan base. Its a silly little potshot at an insignificant few.

I'm not saying he shouldnt have said it, I'm saying I find it very sad.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

That's fine, but for whatever reason, he felt it important to mention.  It apparently means something to him.  I think it's clear he was upset by the leaks and some of the effects that they've had.  On the one hand I think he would acknowledge that they kept the fanbase interested in a sense and gave them something to chew on to pass the time.  They led to the tour in 2006/07 pretty much.  But on the other hand, people got to hear unfinished songs and that wasn't intended.  And a few actually prefer the leaks over the album cuts, most notably CITR.  I think it's a little unfortunate that one got out there.  So many people took to the demo with Brian May on it and when they heard the finished version with Ron on there they reacted very negatively.  I preferred the May version at first but have grown to accept and fully enjoy Ron's work on the song.  But it was unfortunate.  I think even Brian himself was excited about the prospect of being on the record and I'm sure he got a lot of positive feedback about his work on the song.  He seemed a little upset when he was told that version didn't make the record.  Things that all would've been avoided without the leaks.

I guess Axl isn't the only one who is "bitter" around here...

What's with the sudden meltdown?

How on earth can people get so awfully tense and angry about something in a discussion like this?

We need to take a deep breath and calm down.

Olorin

Olorin wrote:

Its all good, Faldor makes some valid points smile

Axl did piss me off a bit with his hardship spiel though.

NY Giants82
 Rep: 26 

NY Giants82 wrote:

Damned if he does, damned if he doesn't.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
faldor wrote:

I'm amazed so many of you know so much about Axl Rose.  You know what he was thiinking in the past, what he's thinking now, what his plans were, how they didn't come to fruition.  Where'd you guys learn all this stuff?

Chinese Whispers.

There's a truck load of info compiled there, and luckily none of it will be erased like things were never said.

Olorin wrote:

"There aren't too many issues of the hundreds [we ran into] that happened as quickly as anyone would have preferred, from building my studio; finding the right players; never did find a producer; still don't have real record company involvement or support; to getting it out and mixed and mastered."

Is this not a little strange? Throughout the years how many producers, studios, band members did he go through?

Yeah that's certainly an odd comment. He basically had his pick of the litter, including Moby. Apparently geniuses weren't good enough. 16

At least he is pretty much admitting that the record has massive production/mixing issues. It has always been my main complaint about this album.

Board footer