You are not logged in. Please register or login.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

Re: Heat Wave in Melbourne to hot for koalas

monkeychow wrote:

So yesterday here it was 46 degrees Celsius - which is about 114 to those of you in the usa.

Some family friends of ours live out of the city and so have some wildlife around, and it was so hot yesterday that even the Koalas came seeking out shelter with the humans. Non-australians may not realise that this is somewhat unusual...Koalas may look cute..but except in zoos and stuff..they arn't sociable with humans and generally avoid them.

Anyway...here's some pics:

2yx40mo.jpg
107ncy1.jpg
2a5g1lz.jpg
2r3jjma.jpg
263ykj4.jpg

Edit: Sorry title should say TOO hot for Koalas!

mickronson
 Rep: 118 

mickronson wrote:

those pics are just class...loll.
I can just hear the koala now... "get thats guys camera!"

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:

They're classic pics aren't they Monkeychow.  It's bizzare to see them actually coming down from the trees looking for water and cooler/shadier places.   I thought this pic was awesome too:

106dp29.jpg

monkeychow

monkeychow wrote:

Apparently I don't know the people who took these afterall. I got them from my mum who said my sister got them from her friends...but I think maybe my mum just doesnt understand the internet and it was a generic forward going around australia and not actually friends of my sister. Anyways...they're cool pics!

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Those pics are freakin' classic. Specially the one with the koala sitting in the tub.

Very cool, and scary at the same time. I'm an American, and even I know they can be a bit fiesty to say the least.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

Those pictures are brilliant! The one sitting in the wee bath is hilarious.

Its worrying though, extreme weather is just gonna get worse and worse.

monkeychow

monkeychow wrote:

Great Pic Aussie.Yeah its so wierd to see them out of trees like that...it's just not normal!

It does make you wonder about the weather too, like days on end of 45+ really tested our limits....the power was out most of the time, the rail network went to shit, even the unfriendly animals are looking for help...it's kind of scary.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

wow its been colder than a motherfucker up here

i think this past january has been the coldest in a long while

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Agreed, it's weird. In North America, this has been one of our coldest winters in awhile. Australia is sweatin' their asses off...

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:

Here are some more I was just emailed.  These were in Victoria 2 or 3 days before the bushfires came through:

23vkhmw.png
2ekp5vm.png

Board footer