You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Re: Gilby on Chinese Democracy

Mikkamakka wrote:

"Ex-GUNS N' ROSES Guitarist GILBY CLARKE Offers His Opinion Of 'Chinese Democracy'

Former GUNS N' ROSES guitarist Gilby Clarke was recently asked by a fan if he's hard GN'R's new album, "Chinese Democracy" and what he thought of it. "Yes, I listened to it on a long drive to Phoenix, Arizona," Gilby replied. "I think it's very good and very imaginative. Axl's [Rose] vocals sound great and there's some creative guitar playing on it also. But there was too many slow-to-midtempo songs on it for my taste and some of the solos are a little overdone; they don't match the song. Some of the lyrics are a little redundant. I expected some resolution since it's taken so long."

Clarke joined GUNS N' ROSES in November 1991, replacing Izzy Stradlin, who quit the band in the middle of a 28-month world tour. He toured extensively with the band on their "Use Your Illusion" tour between 1991 and 1993 and appeared on the GUNS N' ROSES covers album "The Spaghetti Incident?", "Live Era: '87-'93" and "Greatest Hits".

Shortly before GUNS N' ROSES recorded a cover of THE ROLLING STONES' "Sympathy for the Devil" for the film "Interview with the Vampire", Clarke was replaced by lead singer Axl Rose's longtime friend Paul Tobias. "

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbe … mID=114008

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:

Sorry, I didn't notice. I think it's the better place for the topic though, since it's more about CD than Gilby.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

It's a pretty spot on asessment.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

I agree with everything he said.

Are we not taught to be skeptical of what fans say though?

One said the other month that Dizzy didnt know which parts were his on CD and it was shot down as BS.

Board footer