You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Re: i know who would be the ultimate replacement for Robin

Neemo wrote:

john fruscante...its like robin is trying hard to replicate john's style...but never quite succeeeding...though if NIN is calling it quits fora while then maybe Axl will just wait out 09 for robin to return

anyway i'm not a chilipeper fan at all except BSSM but i heard a song the other day and it totally reminded me of robin....but with some talent...best thing...chilis are inactive right now

[youtube]YzOGaow4MCc&feature=related[/youtube]

compare with the better or cd solo...or any solo....to me it sounds like robin takes alot of inspiration from fruscante...maybe i'm dreaming dunno 16

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

here's another version of that scar tissue solo..i even hate this damn song but it totally reminded me of robin the other day when i heard it on the radio

[youtube]lCVEfwKzSVg&feature=related[/youtube]

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

I agree...  Great call, he does go for that sound.  Frusciante does have a "unique" sound too...

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

yeah and it'd be a nice offset...everyone wants bumble/john 5 or bumble/bucket or bumble/this new kid .... it makes more sense to go a shredder and a soulful....i dunno anything about the chili's though, would this guy even accept the gig if it was offered? i know axl is (or was) a fan of them

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

He does sound quite a bit like Robin.

But considering the fact Robin doesn't really have any major prescence other than Better & This I Love, I don't think a Robin-copier is really needed.

They could bring someone totally new to the table if they wanted.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

I think JF has been around a lot longer than RF....

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Whatever that means.

It's still Robin's material, not John's.

Ain't Robin-REPLACING the point of this thread? Not John joins GN'R and jams on new material.

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

actually i was thinking that robin got his style from john.... but whatever...the point is that they have a similar sound to each other...if they need someone to sound similar to robin then this dude may be the guy to look at...if he's willing and they want him

IF they get bucket and bumble and fortus..there aint gonna be no robin style stuff goin on...IF axl is really dead set on robin's tone and style (and he must be cuz robin is featured prominantly on the album) then obviously they need robin back or someone that can bring a robin like vibe to the stage..thats all i'm sayin

Board footer