You are not logged in. Please register or login.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

Re: Disecting Chinese Democracy: Track 1 - Chinese Democracy

monkeychow wrote:

Axl cops a lot of shit for the delays on this album...but the opening track to me is proof that there's some method behind what he does. The 2000 version is FAR inferior to me....the finished version..with Ron's rhythm playing, the interplay between robin and bucket, and axls new vocals is just a great track.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
DCK wrote:

"Even with an ironfist, our baby got to rule the nation"

It can be about China and it can be about GNR. It fits both ways.

"Cause it would take a lot more hate than you
To end the fascination
Even with an iron fist
All you got to rule a nation
When all I got is precious time"

in Axl's opinion, Slash and Co hate him but the fans still flock to online forums and the media pines for appearances by Axl....doesnt matter if the old band hate him, the fascination is still there even though the public perception is that he is an evil dictator. all you got to rule a nation...they have everyone in the band except axl so they should have the tools to sell records...but the more Axl waited the more the myth grew .... unfortunately for him the bubble burst somewhere between 2002 and 2006....

that being said, there are subtle untertones of the groups who opppose the republic of China (Falun Gong) and and wish to bring democracy... it doesnt matter how hard the communists try to hold onto power, the fascination for being Free will always be there, what will it be like? Eventually you would think that the peopel in China will rise up and try to overthrow the gov't

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

Fuck, did I misquote it???

Fucking shit..that's embaressing

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I always thought Axl wrote it as a soundtrack to the movie Kundun. He watched the movie, and then felt inspired to do CD, because of it.

That's my opinion.

Board footer