You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Gunslinger
 Rep: 88 

Re: Chinese Democracy Total Sales

Gunslinger wrote:

Nobody to blame but Axl himself.   People can argue to me all day it was because "this wasn't considered GNR" or "the music wasn't good enough"...yadda yadda yadda.  Bullshit.  No promotion, an exclusive (that while it may helped with the financial problems it DID NOT help in sales) and a taped-mouth Axl, this is what has happened.  Now the video being dealt with the same way.  Fucking waste, but the music is definitely good. 

People didn't think VR was GNR either but it got a grammy and NO the music wasn't superior, in fact it wasn't even really very good (no offense but I've heard enough fucking negativity toward CD that I think this is a fair statement to speak my mind)...the DIFFERENCE was videos and promotion and not a dumb fuck Best Buy exclusive.  Bottom line.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

Re: Chinese Democracy Total Sales

faldor wrote:
Gunslinger wrote:

Nobody to blame but Axl himself.   People can argue to me all day it was because "this wasn't considered GNR" or "the music wasn't good enough"...yadda yadda yadda.  Bullshit.  No promotion, an exclusive (that while it may helped with the financial problems it DID NOT help in sales) and a taped-mouth Axl, this is what has happened.  Now the video being dealt with the same way.  Fucking waste, but the music is definitely good. 

People didn't think VR was GNR either but it got a grammy and NO the music wasn't superior, in fact it wasn't even really very good (no offense but I've heard enough fucking negativity toward CD that I think this is a fair statement to speak my mind)...the DIFFERENCE was videos and promotion and not a dumb fuck Best Buy exclusive.  Bottom line.

Agreed, more people would buy the album if they knew it was out and kept being reminded of it.  I'm sure most people by now know it's out but they may have forgotten already because they haven't heard much as time has passed.  It's safe to say mostly all the copies they've sold so far have been to hardcore fans or casual fans who just bought it because it had GNR on the case.  They've done little to win over new fans as of yet.  It could still happen.  I know some people on these boards are here because of the new lineup, at least the 2001/02 lineup.  The current lineup, whatever that may be, could still be successful.  But it's not just gonna happen magically, some effort needs to be put forth.

Board footer