You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Re: Pearl Jam - "Brother" Written For The Album Ten

Aussie wrote:

Apparently this song was written at the same time as the other songs for the album Ten but was never released.  Seems as though they are now going to release it.

I like that old school PJ Vedder voice.  Damn how did they go so far off the tracks after those first 3 albums????

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:

I'd have to disgaree about them going off he tracks. I think Yeild, No Code and their Self Titled album are all better than Vitology. They lack the manistreme singles sure but musically they are every bit as good as the albums that came before them. Binaural and Riot Act were definately subpar. Ironically I think the Eddie Vedder's work on the soundtrack to Into the Wild is better than any Pearl Jam album.

Aussie

Aussie wrote:

Personally I liked a couple of songs on Yield and No Code but overall they eventually lost me totally with the general direction of where they were trying to take their music.  Ten and Vs obviously remain the best albums for me.

I basically gave up on them and stopped looking for news, new music etc from them around the No Code time.  I was a huge fan of them and I think I have seen them live on 3 or 4 different tours.  But I honestly couldn't tell you anything about them from much after No Code right up until now.  I simply stopped caring a long time ago.

Serious question - are they still together?

Bono

Bono wrote:

Oh yeah they're still together. Working on a  new album.  I would HIGHLY RECOMEND checking out the Into the Wild soundtrack. It's all Eddie Vedder and it's amazing.

Aussie

Aussie wrote:

Cool, I will try and track that soundtrack down then, it sounds interesting.  I do like Eddie's voice.

gnfnraxl
 Rep: 43 

gnfnraxl wrote:

Binaural had a couple of good tracks.  I absolutely loved their last album.  I definitely recommend it Aussie.

Bono

Bono wrote:
gnfnraxl wrote:

Binaural had a couple of good tracks.  I absolutely loved their last album.  I definitely recommend it Aussie.

Yeah man their self title album was great. Oh and Aussie don't expect rock songs on the Into the Wild Sondtrack. It's not a loud album. It's pretty atmospheric but Eddie's voice is the highlight for sure. Might sound cheesy but there's something spiritual about it for sure.  The album fucking rules dude. Here's a few  samples.

Society

No Ceiling
[youtube]pHcZ1wPsJYY&feature=related[/youtube]

Hard Sun
[youtube]fvYLZ-aLSXE&feature=related[/youtube]

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:
Bono wrote:

Oh yeah they're still together. Working on a  new album.  I would HIGHLY RECOMEND checking out the Into the Wild soundtrack. It's all Eddie Vedder and it's amazing.

I will second that.  That is an amazing album.  Not only is his voice great, but the writing is superb and it really fits the theme of the movie. 

And like Bono said, it's almost a spiritual experience listening to this soundtrack.  He does such a good job of capturing the essence of Chris McCandless.

Aussie

Aussie wrote:

I haven't seen the movie yet but I enjoyed those youtube vid's.  Cheers karma for that.  I will have to check out the whole soundtrack.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

The common theme amongst former PJ fans is that most of us love the first 3 albums, then kinda got lost on their direction, myself included.

There's such an urgency and just outright kickass rock vibe on those first 3 albums that since went missing after that. What happened???

Board footer