You are not logged in. Please register or login.

gnfnraxl
 Rep: 43 

Re: European tour in the works?

gnfnraxl wrote:
faldor wrote:
gnfnraxl wrote:
alexh0618 wrote:

yea that's true. If Finck is gone, count me out. It's not that I like the guy so much, but now you have replacements of replacements of replacements in GNR.

So you haven't realised yet that GNR is just another NIN?

I don't think that's Axl's intention.  I don't think he wanted to lose Bucket and/or Robin.  And I don't think he wants a revolving door of musicians coming and going.  That's just ended up happening.  That being said, Axl could be playing with Jimi Hendrix's corpse and I'd be there loving every minute of it.

Wether or not it was Axl's intentions, it is still another NIN.  Axl will be the only permanent member and only official member of GNR and that is a fact.  We might not like it but that's the way it is.  Only difference is that the guys in the band are involved in the songwriting.  As far as everything else, GNR is the furthest thing from a band.  Axl is running the show.

gnfnraxl
 Rep: 43 

gnfnraxl wrote:
Bono wrote:
madagas wrote:
alexh0618 wrote:

yea that's true. If Finck is gone, count me out. It's not that I like the guy so much, but now you have replacements of replacements of replacements in GNR.

and what is wrong with just going to see Axl?

EVERYTHING! 14

To be fair Bono, when Axl has the guts to turn his mic on, he does give a good show.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I think the best American fans can hope for is bootlegs.

I don't think they'll see any shows. Even warm up shows, can pretty much be done in any major city, and Axl seems to be a London fan.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

so now blabbermouth has picked up this story

GUNS N' ROSES To Play Spain In June? - Feb. 23, 2009 

El Correo (Spanish for "The Courier"), the leading daily newspaper in Bilbao and the Basque Country of northern Spain, reports that GUNS N' ROSES will play at the at Kobetasonik festival in Spain on Saturday, June 20.

According to the Kobetasonik web site, the following artists are officially confirmed to appear at this year's event (which will take place over two days, June 19-20):

ANTHRAX
BUCKCHERRY
CRADLE OF FILTH
CRUCIFIED BARBARA
DEVILDRIVER
DRAGONFORCE
DREAM THEATER
GOD FORBID
GOJIRA
HATEBREED
MACHINE HEAD
MARILYN MANSON
MÖTLEY CRÜE
PAPA ROACH
TRIVIUM

The last time GUNS N' ROSES played in Spain was in 2006 at the Bilbao Live Festival.

mickronson
 Rep: 118 

mickronson wrote:

If anything they should be touring USA first just based on the sales in USA.  Axl needs to convince the people a little more this isnt a joke band, and it`ll also work as the promo they never did...
See how nice us "europeans" are smile)

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

There is talk of GN'R appearing at Download again, I think the final headliner will be announced this week.
I would rather they played a proper music festival, rather than a rock festival like Download. Too many spotty teenage haters attending who love to try and sabbotage the set and throw shit at Axl.

ereeper
 Rep: 14 

ereeper wrote:

A Detroit warm-up at the State Theatre would be a dream come true.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
faldor wrote:

I don't think that's Axl's intention.  I don't think he wanted to lose Bucket and/or Robin.  And I don't think he wants a revolving door of musicians coming and going.

Doesn't this all speak volumes?  He didn't want to lose Izzy, Slash, BH, Robin, possibly others...once again, what is the common bond here?  Why do you think all of these musicians left?

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Board footer