You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: Angel Down Released Today

James wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

So what are the early sales numbers looking like?

Sales figures wont come out until next week.

Considering the fact that quite a few stores didn't even stock this and there's not much buzz at all, I'm gonna say it sold about 8,000 copies and debuts somewhere in the 25-40 range.

If it got quite a few online sales, it could be higher.

Gunslinger
 Rep: 88 

Gunslinger wrote:

I'm interested in knowing the numbers as well.  The album is better than I expected and Axl DOES sound amazing, hopefully it will do relatively well.  Like DTJ it only makes me want more, it's like a tease.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Abbey_Road
 Rep: 16 

Abbey_Road wrote:

Axl makes this album.

Sorry to say but without Axl on it, I wouldn't have even picked it up.

I think Baz should stick with broadway.  His voice is better I think on broadway then in rock and roll.

Plus, a lot of the songs on Angel Down start off exactly the same and are predictable.  It's an okay record but certainly hasn't come off as Baz described it to be.

No wonder why he was so glad Axl sang on his record.  I bet the sales he does get from it are due to that fact alone.

Abbey_Road wrote:

Axl makes this album.

Sorry to say but without Axl on it, I wouldn't have even picked it up.

I think Baz should stick with broadway.  His voice is better I think on broadway then in rock and roll.

Plus, a lot of the songs on Angel Down start off exactly the same and are predictable.  It's an okay record but certainly hasn't come off as Baz described it to be.

No wonder why he was so glad Axl sang on his record.  I bet the sales he does get from it are due to that fact alone.

I totally disagree.  Axl is great on those songs, songs that are primarily Baz's arrangements in which Axl added to but there are defintely some Baz gems in there that are great as well.

By Your Side, You Don't Understand, Take You Down With Me, Falling into You to name a few.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Saudade
 Rep: 0 

Saudade wrote:

It sold 6,400 copies and debuted at #190. Imagine if it didn't have Axl...

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbe … emID=85699

Former SKID ROW frontman Sebastian Bach's new solo album, "Angel Down", sold 6,400 copies in the United States in its first week of release to debut at position No. 190 on The Billboard 200 chart. The CD is Sebastian's follow-up to 1999's "Bring 'Em Bach Alive", which has shifted 19,300 units in the U.S. to date, according to Nielsen SoundScan.

Saudade wrote:

It sold 6,400 copies and debuted at #190. Imagine if it didn't have Axl...

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbe … emID=85699

Former SKID ROW frontman Sebastian Bach's new solo album, "Angel Down", sold 6,400 copies in the United States in its first week of release to debut at position No. 190 on The Billboard 200 chart. The CD is Sebastian's follow-up to 1999's "Bring 'Em Bach Alive", which has shifted 19,300 units in the U.S. to date, according to Nielsen SoundScan.

hmm that sucks, i thought it would do a little better. sad

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

WOW. I knew it would tank, but that is a bad tanking. He might as well stop promoting it. Its toast. The album got some mainstream publicity and he even mentioned Axl every five seconds and it didn't help a bit.

One good thing for Baz is the album got some good reviews, so he can move forward at least knowing that people do still think he has something left in his tank.

Its also starting to look like all the GNR forum peeps who were going to buy it and especially those who said they were buying multiple copies because of Axl didn't even buy one.

Baz could build on the goodwill built up between him, the media, and his fans. Even though this album bombed, its no reason for him to have a "pity party".

What does suck is the topic no one wanted to talk about during the promotional phase of this album: How does this affect Axl and GNR? Axl was the main selling point of this album and it debuts almost out of the top 200.

Gunslinger
 Rep: 88 

Gunslinger wrote:

This was disappointing.  I really expected a top 100 (probably low but still in the top 100) debut, especially with the good reviews and Axl being on the cd.  If for some reason the cd was sent to these outlets in such small quantities as a marketing scheme it definitely backfired.  There were people who went looking for this cd and were turned away because it wasn't available.  Based on the sales it is a given this wouldn't have saved the disappointing debut but he may have been able to push out another 25-35%.  That would have been important because now that the initial buzz is gone and the album has basically flopped it will be a harder sale.

Jameslofton wrote:

What does suck is the topic no one wanted to talk about during the promotional phase of this album: How does this affect Axl and GNR? Axl was the main selling point of this album and it debuts almost out of the top 200.

Good point James.  Chinese Democracy/Axl has lost quite a bit of clout by letting this mythical album change from the status of "most anticipated" to "joke".  Things were bad enough already but then promising the album in 2006 and not delivering really did some major damage.  I wonder how well Chinese Democracy will/would debut when/if it is ever released?  A few years back it would have been an almost guaranteed top ten debut I think, now....I'm not so sure.

Board footer