You are not logged in. Please register or login.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

Re: Favorite Guitar Solos

bigbri wrote:
Bono wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=61k041I4aEo This song absolutely floors me. I'm not much of a youtube user at all, but when I check the site I don't leave without watching this footage.

The song is amazing, and he always plays it a bit differently, and each version kicks just as much ass as the others.

James I have this video favorited on my youtube account. Again less is more for me and this is a killer sublime song.

To be honest I have never looked too much into Bucketheads stuff other than youtubeing his videos. Does he have any albums that stay true to this style as wella s the video you posted for the majoity of the album?

Yeah, as James said, Population Override, Colma, Electric Tears.  The video you have Bono is from Electric Tears.

I though a lot about this topic and have a few that I always love to hear, not sure if they're my favorite, but here goes.

Joe Satriani, Crush of Love. My first instrumental love.

Steve Vai's solo in David Lee Roth's "Hot Dog and a Shake." 1:25 to 2:15. Just because it's so crazy. It's not all speed, either. He does one note for like 10 seconds. You guys really need to hear it.

Neal Schon's solo in Journey's "Who's Crying Now." 3:29 to end. Emotional, technical, hints of jazz, incredible. Honorable mention goes to his solo in "I'll Be Alright Without You." 3:06 to end.

Finally, I can't pick one Buckethead solo, but this whole song is what really hooked me back in the day.
"Scraps"

Kirk Hammet's "Fade to Black" solo is great, too.

bigbri

bigbri wrote:
FlashFlood wrote:

wow that solo and the TIL love solo have an eerily similar sound

You are right. There are some very similar sequences, segments in those two solos. But, you are bordering on sacrilege here. The TIL solo is absolute garbage, you know.

Anyhow, this is the first time I've heard this song, and it IS a pretty kickass solo.

Sky Dog wrote:

my favorite Buckethead solo and song
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4mVjxCitVL0

Machete

Von
 Rep: 77 

Von wrote:

As long as we're throwing Bucket favorites into the ring:

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:

Well I put my trust and faith in you guys 14. I think you've got a pretty good idea of what I like so I took your guys' advice and orderd Electric tears and Colma tonight.
bucket

bigbri

bigbri wrote:
Bono wrote:

Well I put my trust and faith in you guys 14. I think you've got a pretty good idea of what I like so I took your guys' advice and orderd Electric tears and Colma tonight.
bucket

Good to hear. Probably the most universally liked among Bucket fans is Colma, with Population Override right there and Electric Tears too.

Let us know what you think. I'll expect the worst and hope for the best.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
bigbri wrote:
Bono wrote:

bucket

Good to hear. Probably the most universally liked among Bucket fans is Colma, with Population Override right there and Electric Tears too.

Let us know what you think. I'll expect the worst and hope for the best.

Man I've been listening to a bunch of stuff off Colma on youtube and I'm so pumped for that disc to get here. I can't believe I was so in the dark. 17

bigbri

bigbri wrote:

Colma's very nice. You might not have even heard my favorite, which is Watching the Boats With My Dad. Very emotional for personal reasons. Makes me wonder why it was written. What prompted it. Regret, nostalgia, honor, pride, sadness.

Here's another Bucket song that is good from start to finish. My Sheetz.

bigbri

bigbri wrote:

It'd be tragic if no one mentioned Neil Young's 1-note solo in Cinnamon Girl. It's not one of my favorites, but it is damn impressive.

It's not just a single note; he just uses one note throughout the whole solo.

I really enjoy David Gilmour's extended solo in On An Island.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ooPTpZPu7to

Board footer