You are not logged in. Please register or login.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

Re: What interests you in 2009?

PaSnow wrote:

I voted CD. Don't care about the bitching back & forth among Axl & Slash. I also think we'll never know the full, real story. I also think GnR will end up like Led Zep & possibly never reunite.

Bono brings up a good point though, I'm kinda hoping VR makes an announcement soon.

WeTheLiving
 Rep: 10 

WeTheLiving wrote:

Well, not to sound rude, but one of the things ive learned from studying philosophy is....."there is always another choice.." Not to denegrate your poll, but, the place i have arrived at is that im just thankful i was a "part" of the thing, and rise of what was (obviously now) this phenominal thing that was GNR. It was great to be 12 years old when appetite made it big and the band took off. I consider myself very fortunate to be a part of, and in a small way, be a contributor to, what was the rise of arguably the last great rock and roll band.

It, in a good way and bad, rasied the bar very high; which is part of the problem now. Objectively speaking, new GNR is a success. Its when its compared to the Old GNR (which is inevitable since it bears the name) is it deemed something other than a success. That being said, this thing has been a bizzare ride. I just hope something of that energy and spirit that was GNR survies somehow, someway. It is, afterall a law of physics that energy can neither be created or destroyed. From 1988 the ride was awesome and i guess the car just ran out of gas; a wierd unsudden and looking back not unpredictable ending to the ride. But an ending not becoming of its stature to be sure.

Im looking forward to slash's solo album, i think CD is cool, but it's not GNR. Im going to keep playing my  guitar and try to capture for myself what that energy and honest creativity is that was GNR. Since the energy cant be destroyed, that means it has simply been transferred and lives in all of those who recognize it. It still lives in the original music. I can go to guitar center and pick up a gibson and plug into a marshall, play a great GNR riff, and still get a look or even a crowd, that energy is timeless.

It lives in the inspiration it has given me to play music and eventually write my own, although the thing i think ive learned from this is i can honestly say i can do without the fame. I think fame is something totally different when one experiences it, rather than observes it. Which i think is why so many famous people are unhappy.  I still love watching the old band and learning every one of their songs. But, this entire ordeal is dying for me, and sadly, at an exponential rate since CD was released. As discussed before, when CD was released we expected that to push the band into some sort of "band normalcy" regarding activity and news etc. What this means is that we sought closure from the release of CD from this entire saga. This didn't or wont happen. The closure is in all of us, and its when we say enough is enough and don't really give a shit anymore, which is about where i'm at, but i guess not entirely or i wouldn't be here.

Now, im going home to play my damn guitar. I thank the old band for getting me into playing blues and rock, when my friends are STILL playing in dropped D tuning and dont know how to use any but the two top strings on their guitar. GNR was a great introduction to guitar playing, it led me to the stones, led zep, etc. So i will always carry that with me, i will never put the guitar down, and i pity those who weren't fortunate enough to be around for the rise of the last great uncompromising rock band and who never saw them live. I hope Axl Rose is happy, and i dont mean that facetiously. I know his music brought me a lot of happiness over the years, so , i wish him the best. I don't know what's going on in his head, but, that last "interview" both with respect to timing, content, and purpose doesn't seem like the actions of a happy man.

This entire CD fiasco, with using the GNR name etc. was just a horrible idea. I think some of us have taken it for granted because its been so long since its started, but, it was just a really bad idea. It really does seem as if anyone who would have told him otherwise was shut out long ago. Sometimes what is best for you is something one does not want to hear. It allows for self improvement. I know this is lengthy but i had a class cancelled so i have a bit of time....I just hope that this entire CD saga, and these silly interviews dont erode the place the original band rose to.

Whats rediculous are mods on certain boards and fans that STILL try to act like him, i mean, that "fuck you" attitude. That was cool when they were in their early 20s and off the street, but, it wont get anyone anywhere outside of perhaps a rock band, and maybe not even then. Slash doesnt act that way anymore. Its not the real world. So, yeah, i guess ill wait for the slash solo album and for whatever is going on with VR. Because what i thought was beautiful dont live inside of GNR anymore.

mickronson
 Rep: 118 

mickronson wrote:

CD (who voted otherwise??).  I too dont care about the incessant whining, unless hess gonna man up and tell us what his problem really is, and not something petty and explains his reluctance to share.  VR I can do without for a while longer, im more interested in loaded,

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

I dont know when I'll say enough is enough, I've considered it many times in the last couple of years. I feel it approaching again and my respect for this Guns N'Roses is draining away. Ironicly I have been playing the album all the time recently and loving it more than I have any time previously. But the negativity and bad vibes surrounding the whole project are never far away.
I'm older now, approaching 30, and veiw things clearer than years gone past. Looking objectively at the shambolic way GN'R has been run since Axl got full control, and the relentless complete and utter lack of respect shown towards the fans over the years, its a disgrace and a total farce.

skippy
 Rep: 33 

skippy wrote:

I voted to hear about how the old band broke up.

It makes no sense for him to talk about this stuff still, and it makes for great insane theatre, when he should be promoting his new product.

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

slashsfro wrote:

I'd settle for new music of any sort from Axl--leaks, demos etc.  While I don't love Chinese Democracy, there are some interesting ideas on there that keep me interested in a follow up, especially one that is darker and grittier as had been suggested.  There should be more rockers on there anyway.

I've given up expecting a video release or information regarding the recording, planning of CD.  I figure most of the stuff written about the clusterfuck process of recording Cd is accurate enough and anything else he says really won't add too much to the discussion.

I'm only a bit interested in more Slash bashing only because I figure he'll give us a better picture of what really happened during 1995 and 1996.

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

CD and future plans. If he wants to tell the Slash story tell it, but in a book, these interviews should be about the album and future plans. Ranting about Slash now when you've got an album out there gathering dust is baffling.

gnfnraxl
 Rep: 43 

gnfnraxl wrote:

I'd like to vote but I can't see the poll.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
gnfnraxl wrote:

I'd like to vote but I can't see the poll.

you have to click on the thread from inside the gnr section...if you click on it through the link on the main forum then the poll doesnt show up properly...its a bug we are still working on hmm

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Board footer