You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: The Band To Take Questions From Various Forums

AtariLegend wrote:
admin wrote:

I'm verry happy to announce the newest section on the Forum.

GNR requested earlier today that I set a up a section on the Forum for MYGNRFORUM members to post questions to GNR band members (Brain, Frank, Richard, Tommy, Bumblefoot, Dizzy, Chris).

10 of you will get lucky and get a VIDEO REPLY from GNR band members for all to see! Your Forum member name will also be mentionned.

MYGNRFORUM members are are invited to post their questions here.

http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?showtopic=138522

jarmo wrote:

I was asked to get some questions together for the band members.

That's where you come into the picture.

Some simple rules:

Please post your questions to the band here in this thread. Brain, Chris, Dizzy, Frank, Richard, Ron and/or Tommy.

If your question is aimed at a particular member(s), please specify so that it's clear who it's aimed at.

Also note that no questions about Robin will be answered. So please skip those questions if you have them.

Also, it would be cool of you to only post once in this thread to give everybody a fair chance.

If you have multiple questions, put them in the same post. But remember, sometimes less is more.

Thank you.

/jarmo

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/boar … ic=56162.0

Sean wrote:

Q & A with GNR -  MARCH 2009

We've had some nice guest's at ChineseDemocracy.com over the years with the latest being Axl Rose.  Now we will have a chance to speak to the other band members!  Dizzy, Brain, Chris, Dizzy, Frank, Richard, Ron and/or Tommy. Have something Technical to ask? Whatever,  Direct your question to a band member!

Selected questions will be answered which will be about 10 per band member and questions are selected by quality of the question and NOT by the order posted in this thread.  Use this thread to ask well thought out questions.  One post per forum member and try to keep to 1 question per band member. Anybody breaking these guidelines while messing up our format will be sacked. Act like an asshole and you will be sacked for good.

No Spam in this thread

Respectfully yours,

ChiDem DOT COM

http://www.chinesedemocracy.com/forum/g … 750.0.html

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

cool stuff, this could be an interesting turn of events, the only problem is that the forum peeps know these guys...it'd be cool if there was a way to get this out to the rest of the world...ya know? Axl has to sell his band to Joe and Jill public, but i think that the dissing of the orig band was a stepping stone to this development..maybe shit is finally beginning, the Robin part is a bit disconcerting...but we already knew that shit was fuicked there

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

Yawn.  They won't tell us anything.  They can't tell us anything because they don't know anything either.

AtariLegend wrote:

For the record I asked the first question....

Paxcow
 Rep: 5 

Paxcow wrote:

i can't think of anything to ask.

ereeper
 Rep: 14 

ereeper wrote:

Thanks for posting.  I asked my question.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

Still two drummers? That is fucked up, sorry. I'm sick of pussyfooting around these topics. If Axl can fly off the handle, so can I.

Keeping Frank in the picture is not only nonsensical, it's a slap in the face of Brain, who's been there much, much longer and is much, much better. For christ's sake, put Frank back behind the scenes again unless they both are gonna be on stage at the same time drumming.

I would never ask a question because what I want to know, no one would want to answer.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
bigbri wrote:

Still two drummers? That is fucked up, sorry. I'm sick of pussyfooting around these topics. If Axl can fly off the handle, so can I.

Keeping Frank in the picture is not only nonsensical, it's a slap in the face of Brain, who's been there much, much longer and is much, much better. For christ's sake, put Frank back behind the scenes again unless they both are gonna be on stage at the same time drumming.

I would never ask a question because what I want to know, no one would want to answer.

I asked what the deal was with having 2 drummers, though not quite as bluntly as you put it.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

The better question is, who's gonna ask Frank questions?

I like Frank, but considering the fact Brain is credited with writing the drums on quite a bit, and performs on every track but CD (the Freese track), I can't really see any thing to ask Frank, other than his experiences on the road, and what it's like being the drummer in GN'R. Did he enjoy them as a kid, that kind of stuff.

And I also want to say, this "asking GNR" questions thing, could be brilliance, or a laughing stock. It all depends on what Axl allows them to say. If he takes the gloves off and says field whatever you want, like the Chris interview awhile back, it could be VERY informing. If their hands are tied, it could be another huge misstep.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

The better question is, who's gonna ask Frank questions?

I like Frank, but considering the fact Brain is credited with writing the drums on quite a bit, and performs on every track but CD (the Freese track), I can't really see any thing to ask Frank, other than his experiences on the road, and what it's like being the drummer in GN'R. Did he enjoy them as a kid, that kind of stuff.

And I also want to say, this "asking GNR" questions thing, could be brilliance, or a laughing stock. It all depends on what Axl allows them to say. If he takes the gloves off and says field whatever you want, like the Chris interview awhile back, it could be VERY informing. If their hands are tied, it could be another huge misstep.

I just read this in an interview with Ron

http://thehorsechroniclesmusic.blogspot … -2008.html

TV: How did you end up getting the GNR gig? and is Axl easy to work with? Did you have creative input while working with GNR, or was all the creative juice reserved for the Abnormal disc?
RT: In the Summer of 2004 I started talking with the GNR folks about getting together, started touring in May 2006. Axl's a friend, always havin' a great time on and off the road. People have so many assumptions, people always want to think the worst. They don't want truth, they want entertainment. I can talk 'til I'm blue in the face about how I was brought into GNR to be myself, and that's what I do, I do my thing, I speak my own words, no puppeteer with a hand in my back, yet anything I say and do there are those who respond with "oh, he *has* to say that", haha. Ya can't win, haha. I've been completely creative in GNR. In my solo band, where I write everything, play everything, sing everything, sure I have more to add, but that's because it's a solo effort, not a band. GNR is a band, where everybody does what they do, together. I gotta say, it's been a fuckking blast.

Board footer