You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Re: Axl does swing style cover on a Queen tribute cd?

Neemo wrote:

this has prolly been known for a bit but I've been busy and i heard it on the radio a couple days ago so i thought i'd post it

apparently Axl sings for a Swing band on a Queen Tribute CD 10

Axl Rose will appear on a new Queen tribute. Other artists to appear on the tribute are Vince Neil, Tim Ripper Owens, Korey Clarke and Robbie WIlliams.

"Rock n' Royalty: A Very Special Tribute To Queen" - Various Artists
Release Date: November 11th, 2007

1. "Keep Yourself Alive" - Ellis Island
2. "White Queen (As It Began)" - Cherie Currie
3. "Tie Your Mother Down" - Andrew Stockdale and Chris Ross
4. "Tenement Funster" - Robbie Williams
5. "Let Me Entertain You" - Fee Waybill
6. "Body Language" - Derek St. Holmes
7. "Seven Seas Of Rhye" - Jimmy Eat World
8. "Good Ol' Fashion Lover Boy" - Clay Aiken
9. "Calling All Girls" - Vince Neil
10. "You Don't Fool Me" - Flaming Lips
11. "Party" - performed by Swing Cats ft. W. Axl Rose
12. "Breakthru" - The Family
13. "Rock It (Prime Jive)" - Korey Clarke
14. "Sweet Lady" - Echocell
15. "Spread Your Wings" - Tim Ripper Owens
16. "We Will Rock You" - The Mighty Diamonds
17. "We Are The Champions" - Judy Mowatt
18. "Is This The World We Created....?" - Heaven 17 ft. Mike Love
19. "God Save The Queen" - Simon Kirke & Brian May

http://www.gnrdaily.com/news_detail.asp?id=1003

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

I thought this was bullshit but I guess its legit afterall. So he will be on 4 tracks this year, which is a third of an album, none of which are GNR songs.

Interesting way to test the waters.

Will
 Rep: 227 

Will wrote:

Oh no, is Axl back to testing the waters again? Lets hope the press give him a good writeup 18 Wish these delays would just go away

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I know Axl is a huge queen fan - but at the same time it does seem to random for him to appear on this kinda thing when its been so long since he did anything.

I dunno how one can test the waters being on another album, I mean sure it's great that he is doing something but that to me doesn't reflect or test what his own material is going to sound like, he is just enchancing Baz's songs [I dont mean that as rank on Baz, it could be him or anyone] and guesting on a tribute album.  How does this test the waters for CD?

Backslash
 Rep: 80 

Backslash wrote:

How does this guy go from not being on anything for 10 years to suddenly collaborating with everyone else and still not finishing his own project?  Axl's the new Akon for Christ's sake.

gavgnr
 Rep: 4 

gavgnr wrote:

is this cd on any release schedules for record stores because I dismissed this as total BS.

Wasn't this info taken from a Queen forum a whole year ago?

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

gavgnr wrote:

is this cd on any release schedules for record stores because I dismissed this as total BS.

Wasn't this info taken from a Queen forum a whole year ago?

Yeah this was announced a year ago and it's been dug up because obviously that date is looming, who knows what's happening with it though.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
DoubleTalkingJive wrote:

I dunno how one can test the waters being on another album, I mean sure it's great that he is doing something but that to me doesn't reflect or test what his own material is going to sound like, he is just enchancing Baz's songs [I dont mean that as rank on Baz, it could be him or anyone] and guesting on a tribute album.  How does this test the waters for CD?

Because there will be an official release in stores with him on it, and he can gauge public and media reaction to it. I can tell you right now the reaction will be mild.

Board footer