You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Acekicken
 Rep: 12 

Re: Sebastian Bach's "Angel Down" - Number One on Billboard's Heatseekers

Acekicken wrote:

3   Sebastian Bach's "Angel Down" - Number One on Billboard's Heatseekers

Sebastian Bach tops next week's Billboard Heatseekers Chart with "Angel Down," his first solo album in eight years. In addition to the Number One chart debut, "Angel Down" has also been winning over the critics:

"'Angel Down' will tear you up..an amped yet layered backdrop for this limitless voice, an uncharacteristically tortured Bach blazes a promising new path of modern badness and paranoia." - Los Angeles Times

"The truth is, Sebastian Bach has a great f**king voice...it's gratifying to hear he hasn't lost a whit of his vocal power, range, or attitude on 'Angel Down.'" - SF Weekly

"Bach's solo disc rocks harder - and more single-mindedly - than you'd expect." - Entertainment Weekly

"Angel Down" - produced by Roy Z (Bruce Dickinson, Rob Halford, Judas Priest) and featuring three tracks with Guns N Roses' Axl Rose on vocals - also lands at #27 on Billboard's Hard Rock chart, and enters the Top 200 Albums chart at #190. While it will be a week or so before all international sales figures are in, "Angel Down" debuted at #50 in Japan.

http://newsblaze.com/story/200711290626 … -Wire.html

Acekicken

Acekicken wrote:

Now that's the news everyone wants to see....
It's growing in Numbers Fast to as I said  it would.

rockon6rk.gif

That is awesome!! 

I love how it's getting nothing but positive reviews!

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Being on heatseekers doesn't really mean anything, and I mean no disrespect to Baz when saying that. When M.I.A.'s album came out, she was on the European equivalent of that on Radio One, and it didn't do a damn thing.

As mentioned already, its good that his album is getting great reviews by the media and most fans who have listened to it, so just because album sales aren't earth shattering, Baz should be happy. I don't think he's had good reviews like this since Slave to the Grind, which is a good sign.

He should head back to the studio in early 08. Now that he knows the media is willing to give him a fair shake, he shouldn't squander the opportunity. Knowing that the media will give him a chance, his next album would probably do even better.

Acekicken

Acekicken wrote:

If you look at other Artist that have this honor

You will see Baz is in good company

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Top_Heatseekers
With everyone from
Disturbed
Trivium
Creed
Sheryl Crow
Pantera
And many other of all kinds of MUSIC

And haveing a foot behind the closed door Im telling you
the CD is doing great

As for good reviews his 2005 project
Frame Shift 2 an Absence of empaty
was critically  acclaimed CD but it was not a Solo Record & on a small small small
lable
It funny they keep saying in the press that he has not done a CD
since Bach 2 Basic(2001) & some of them are saying Bring "em" Bach Alive 1999 but he did the FS 2 CD in 2005...... & 2 years later Angel Down.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Board footer