You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Saboteur
 Rep: 4 

Re: What were you rocking from '94-00?

Saboteur wrote:

Live
Danzig
Mad Season
Rolling Stones
Alice in Chains
Six Feet Under (Deutschland zusammen sind wir eins)
Ozzy
Megadeth
KAT
Acid Drinkers
Para Wino (Polish Sid Vicious)
Neurotic Outsiders
Sepultura
Biohazard
Machine Head
Samael
Amorphis
Anathema
My Dying Bride
Turbonegro
Farmer Boys
Body Count
Marilyn Manson

2008 Intentions
 Rep: 6 

thanks foe the link russtcb, I was hearing Limp Biskit (i was in high school), Cypress Hill, Cartel de Santa.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Slash's Snakepit
Pride and Glory
Stones
AC/DC
Bush
Pearl Jam
Guns N Roses still daily even then
Matchbox 20
Bare Naked Ladies
Alice In Chains

Acquiesce
 Rep: 30 

Acquiesce wrote:

I pretty much listened to anything on mainstream modern rock radio

Nirvana
Bush
Smashing Pumpkins
Alice in Chains
Dave Matthews Band
Green Day
Hootie
Pearl Jam
STP
Offspring
Live
Candlebox
Jane's Addiction
Goo Goo Dolls
Matchbox Twenty
Third Eye Blind
etc.

I also had my brit rock phase
Oasis
The Verve
Blur
Radiohead
Reef
Supergrass
Ash
Super Furry Animals
Suede
The Charlatans

Mostly I was lame and just listened to the hits. The only bands I really loved and appreciated their entire catalogue was Oasis, The Beatles, and Hanson. Hootie to a much lesser extent.

I didn't really get into GNR until around 01 when I was 20. They opened a whole new world of music to me.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

AC/DC
Alice In Chains
Bon Jovi
Corrosion Of Conformity
Faith No More
Foo Fighters
Green Day
Live
Megadeth
Metallica (these guys took GN'R's place as my favourite band)
Neurotic Outsiders
Nine Inch Nails
Ozzy
Pantera
Pearl Jam
The Poor
The Screaming Jets
Slash's Snakepit
Soundgarden
The Tea Party
U2

There were still plenty of other good bands releasing new music to listen to while GN'R weren't around.

Itchy GTR
 Rep: 5 

Itchy GTR wrote:

Did any of you get into that first cd that Izzy put out? I thought it was good.
I thought L.A. Guns were great. I got a chance to see them. They open up for Don Doken. And to much to my surprise they were better than Don.

Von
 Rep: 77 

Von wrote:
PaSnow wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

What in the fuck is KMFDM?

Wow James, you don't remember them?!  I wasn'into them much, didn't hate them just never really listenend to them. I always got the feeling they were a bit Ministry meets The Smiths or something. Myb a heavier Pet Shop Boys. I'll have to listen again, give them a chance. They were around in the late 80's, so they're pretty legit. Not jumping on the NIN bandwagon, but they became more popular after NIN & Nirvana & all. Rumor was (falsely, I'm pretty sure) it stood for Kill Mother Fuckin Depeche Mode.

It actually stands for "Kein Mehrheit Für Die Mitleid," which is supposed to mean "No Pity for the Majority," but doesn't if you really speak German (I do). Still, KMFDM is a great industrial metal band and a '90s favorite of mine. Recommended.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

helenluna
 Rep: 3 

helenluna wrote:

I can't even list it. Too huge of a list. I remember having videotapes recorded from MTV with more than 3000 videos of more than 300 bands. I'd watch all that stuff frequently.
I guess it takes a lot of bands to fill in GnR shoes. When I have Guns, I need nothing else.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
helenluna wrote:

I can't even list it. Too huge of a list. I remember having videotapes recorded from MTV with more than 3000 videos of more than 300 bands. I'd watch all that stuff frequently.
I guess it takes a lot of bands to fill in GnR shoes. When I have Guns, I need nothing else.

Ain't that the truth.  I haven't listened to another CD since Chinese Democracy came out, no need for me to. 

When GNR went through their silent years I was heavily into Pearl Jam but I sort of gave up on them after Binaural.  I dug the Seattle grunge move, Nirvana, Soundgarden, Alice In Chains.  Stone Temple Pilots were good, a little Metallica.  And I was on the brink of getting into bands like Disturbed, Godsmack, and System of a Down.

Board footer