You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: Another Year Almost Gone By

Well here we are again folks, Christmas is coming up, New Years will be right around the corner and still no CD.   With that said, I don't feel the anger on the boards as much as I did last year.

IMO with Axl being on Angel Down, especially being released now, has tamed the inner jaded fan in some of us for a bit, at least for me.   Given that this is Baz's album it has giving us Axl on official recordings, the boards have been active with news surrounding that and it does keep Axl in the media at a constant right now.    GNR seems to be the buzz again, beit old GNR because of the recent specials that have aired but none the less we are seeing Axl, we aren't hearing from him but we are seeing him so that's always a plus.   

What are thoughts on the vibe of the GNR world this time of year as opposed to last year at this time.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

my interest is pretty low....i thought for sure we'd see it ths]is year..but now i'm like whatever

i'l just keep waiting til everyone gets their shit togetrher

thing thing that sucks most is that we dont even know who to blame 16

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

I don't think the Baz equation helped as much as people think. The fanbase is just apathetic to the whole thing. People are still vaguely interested in CD, but it doesn't matter like it used to which is why you don't see as much anger anymore. Even the "realists" have toned down.

People just talk about it with more of a passing interest while diving into all other types of music. Its why you see off topic sections at GNR forums much more active than the GNR sections. People still like the communities, but they would prefer to talk about things other than GNR.

Funny you mention the blame thing, but its true. In all years past, the fanbase was always pointing fingers about who was to blame for the mess. Now no one cares who is to blame.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

Yep.  That's all it is.  Nobody cares anymore like they used to.  Even people that wanted the album in the past have accepted it may never come out.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

I don't give a shit anymore. Buckethead just released a new CD. If you can believe that. I can't even keep up with his stuff. I'd probably have to just download CD, which is what I may do eventually anyway.

sandman
 Rep: 30 

sandman wrote:

we're about due for someone to leave the band. if i had to bet money on what big news happens next, it would be the departure of a current member.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
sandman wrote:

we're about due for someone to leave the band. if i had to bet money on what big news happens next, it would be the departure of a current member.

I expected that to happen earlier this year. Hopefully IF someone leaves, its BBF or Frank. Not because I don't like them, but because them leaving will have little consequence to the fate of the album. Their parts can be erased easily and BH and Brain put back on the record. The album could easily survive a Fortus departure as well.

If Finck or Stinson leave, you can pretty much forget about ever getting this album.

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

I'm torn between wanting Finck to leave a join something where he can actually put out an album and have a major creative influence, or hope that CD works out.

CD doesn't dictate my day. It just is....n't.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

Not to start a whole reunion debate, but things are actually falling into place for one to happen in about the timeframe mr lofton predicted a year or so ago.  VR appears to be at the very least going through some struggles and nothing new from the Guns camp in months.  Axl went and recorded for Baz, so confidence in his ability to sing isn't the problem with CD.  Sure it's a stretch, but even though the odds of a reunion are low, I hink they are higher than the odds of CD coming out anytime soon.  If Finck leaves, Axl's only option is going to be a reunion because there's no way he's going to be allowed to start all over and I imagine Finck is all over whatever is the current version of CD lying around.

Will
 Rep: 227 

Will wrote:
Jameslofton wrote:

If Finck or Stinson leave, you can pretty much forget about ever getting this album.

If I had to place money on anyone leaving it would be Stinson 18 My guess is that he'll walk in 2008 if theres no album by March. He has options open to him.... second solo album through an indie label like Little Indian, a Mats reunion, more movie scores.

It seemed everytime I saw Tommy with GNR last year he was pissed off. Might not have been GNR related but he was certainly one grumpy bastard 14

Board footer