You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: Kid Mercury Covering "This I Love"

AtariLegend wrote:
Intercourse
 Rep: 212 

Intercourse wrote:

Pfffff MWHAHAHA

everything about this distills into a fine stream everything  I hate about this song.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

That sucks so bad, its actually quite good.
I liked it, he's funny, I wanna see him do Scraped next!!

When you read his "about me" page, he sounds like he might post here... 16

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
Olorin wrote:

That sucks so bad, its actually quite good.

Nope, it was just that bad.  16

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

i thought he did a decent job...its too bad that gnr didnt make it into an acoustic track like that with no piano (acoustic guitar instead like buddy boy up there) and some bongo drums, then leave robin's track like it appears on the album...and axl's vocal and thats it

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I'd be ok with the idea of an accoustic version...but by someone who can keep to the original melody would be nice....the original version is so pretty and it's all lost in this version.

AtariLegend wrote:
Neemo wrote:

i thought he did a decent job...its too bad that gnr didnt make it into an acoustic track like that with no piano (acoustic guitar instead like buddy boy up there) and some bongo drums, then leave robin's track like it appears on the album...and axl's vocal and thats it

Nutter 18.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

That's actually damn good. What I like about it, is it does it's own thing, without purely copying GNR's TIL.

There's a tragic feel in that acoustic version, that I don't think even the GN'R version gets to, on that level.

Good cover of a great song. Without that video, and just with the audio, it wouldn't even come across as comical.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

^ Dude i'm speachless....lol......i think it could have a tragic feel on accoustic...and I'm ok with it being a bit different...but that melody is so far removed from the original melody...it takes a beautiful tune and utterly ruins it to my ears lol smile

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

It's no worse than Coldplay

Board footer