You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: Domino's Pizza - now with boogers and farts

Two Domino's Pizza employees in North Carolina face felony charges after a video showed them passing gas on salami, stuffing cheese up their nostrils — then using the foul fixins' in the fast food.

The silly-yet-stomach-turning clips — which also showed the workers sneezing and blowing their noses on meals they were handling — were filmed at a Conover, N.C., Domino's and posted on YouTube.

Kristy Lynn Hammonds, 31, and Michael Anthony Setzer, 32, have each been charged with distributing prohibited foods — the same North Carolina statute that forbids any tampering with Halloween candy, police said.

The pair, who called themselves "Michael" and "Kristy," were fired immediately after the video surfaced and turned themselves in to police Wednesday.

Setzer was later released under $7,500 bond, while Hammonds remained in jail under a similar bond. Both reportedly have court dates set for Thursday.

The pizza delivery giant said it was stunned when the footage surfaced.

Employees characterized the stunt as a prank, and Domino's said the filthy food was never served.

But a spokeswoman said the company "was not in a forgive-and-forget mood," the BBC reported, thus, taking the extra step to file a criminal complaint.

Domino's apologized for the actions of "Michael" and "Kristy" and said the videos marred "the hard work performed by the 125,000 men and women working for Domino's" in the United States and all over the world.

The company also said it plans to file a civil lawsuit against the pranksters.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,516021,00.html

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I'm sure stuff like that goes on at all fast food places. Fire them for sure...but I think Jail is getting a bit extreme...it's not like they put toxic chemicals in or something....i mean it's gross what they did...but jail should be reserved for more serious crimes IMO

Tommie
 Rep: 67 

Tommie wrote:

I usually buy Dominos once a month...but not anymore.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

when I saw this I thought it'd be a couple of dumb 16 year olds. But they're in their 30's!!! How stupid could you be to post this on youtube?!

What's funny is their names aree now embedded into Google forever with this incident. So if they ever applied for a job, and an HR rep Googled their name, this would come up.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

If at 31 and 32 they work at dominos think this is a funny prank, they wouldn't be applying for the types of jobs that would have someone doing internet research.  Nothing against the people that do this type of work, but they aren't exactly professionals in the first place...this just confirms it.

AtariLegend wrote:

I'd rather not have these images in my mind, luckily the nearest one to me, was closed on Monday.

Anyway "Pizza Hut" is much better.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

scary stuff happens at all food service places

i know as few peopel that have worked in fast food chains and even in mid-upscale restaurants it happens everywhere, so if ou're gonna boycott one you might as well boycot em all

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Actually these jackasses proved why they are in their 30's and working at a Domino's Pizza.

They are screwed. Not only are criminal charges coming against them, if I were Domino's, just to make an example, i'd sue them to hell for Defamation.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Actually these jackasses proved why they are in their 30's and working at a Domino's Pizza.

As a former lawyer I can tell you there are even more jackasses working in the corporate world than in customer service. 14

The american dream (and by extension my country australia) is that people can come from nothing to be president or famous, and the cool thing is some can through plain hard work, but it seems socologically we then apply the reverse logic, that if someone isn't sucessful then it's somehow their fault or they are a bad person. It's why we allow homeless people. On some level we think they just didn't try or deserve it. But really not everyone gets the same chances in life, and some people are just unlucky and so on.

These two are clearly idiots for messing with people's food, but it's got nothing to do with their jobs.

Coma
 Rep: 11 

Coma wrote:

These are a pair of *!"$·*$!"·$%*%"%$&(%)"%&/)*/··/·$/%$/*($/%/·/*ç"$·$"$·$/*"$"·/·%$%&*·$&$&/*$·&*&·$*·$%&&·/*/·&*/%·$·$/·%"&&$"&:headbang:%"//*"%"%·%"%/)==%&·$**%·$%·%*·$&·$&%*·&$&·&·$&*!!!!!!!!!

Sorry had to tell it 16

Axlin08 wrote:

Agree

Board footer