You are not logged in. Please register or login.

helenluna
 Rep: 3 

Re: Axl's vocal range

helenluna wrote:

Hello everyone! I'm not very frequent here but I thought this was worth posting... In the last two months I was helping in a research about Axl's vocal range. Last week we found the note needed to induct Axl as a four octave and jowox - an YouTube user that makes videos about vocals - just uploaded the video on Axl.

Check it out:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Br75r3EKGbo

Please rate it 5 stars so that we get this video popular and rub it against the face of those who say Axl has lost his voice.

----------------------------------------------
P.S.: I'm posting this here so that everyone can see it and raise the view count. If the mods feel like moving it/merging it later to the proper place, that's ok, but just leave it here for a while!

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:

Pretty interesting stuff. 4 octaves is no mean feat. Major props to Axl for that.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

cool stuff....kudos for your research

Gunslinger
 Rep: 88 

Gunslinger wrote:

Axl's voice is certainly amazing.  I personally think he sounds better now than ever.  Not saying the music is, but his vocals are.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Now that's just pure silly.

He's too pitchy now to be considered at his best. He's an amazingly talented vocalist, that still can blow people away. I think it's the inconsistency over his career that's always been an interesting talking point.

Itchy GTR
 Rep: 5 

Itchy GTR wrote:

I read some where that Sabastian Bach recommended his vocal trainer to Axl during the last tour G&R did. No biggie. As a lead vocalists gets older they do need to practice musical scales and certain techniques to achieve the best vocals. This is part of the trade more so when you have to sing live as opposed to singing in the studio. (There are no 2nd takes performing live : )
Mick Jagger of the Stones does this as well. There is a whole section on the four-flicks dvd that shows Jagger doing vocal exercises as well as physical worksouts to make sure he is in top form to run around on stage.
lolo

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

Cool research. Are you able to tell those notes & octaves? I suck with that stuff, I have no ear for music. I can't even tell what notes & chords guitars are playing. I understand Axl sings high pitched, low pitched, has about 7 or 8 voices on AFD, but I couldn't tell you the notes or which are in different octaves sad

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

well in terms of a guitar an octave is every 12 frets....ie the top string is an E5 note and then on the 12th fret i beleive that that note is an E4...could be wrong though my theory isnt that great....all i know is that E5 is the root note in standard tuning and the rest of the strings are A5,D5, G5, B5, E4 (?)
and a normal guitar doesnt reach 4 octaves cuz there are 22 frets but richards 24 fret LP thingy does...

GNR's normal tuning is one step flat starting at Eb5 (or F#5) ... whatever ... same difference 10

anyway i think i'm right...maybe someone who knows what they are talking about can tell me if i'm wrong or not big_smile

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

That was pretty good reading along with the little article down the side. I  think some 2002 performances have Axl screaming, hitting high notes similar to the VMA 06 scream. Isnt the "Thats what I'd tell ya" at the end of Street Of Dreams as high?

helenluna
 Rep: 3 

helenluna wrote:
Olorin wrote:

That was pretty good reading along with the little article down the side. I  think some 2002 performances have Axl screaming, hitting high notes similar to the VMA 06 scream. Isnt the "Thats what I'd tell ya" at the end of Street Of Dreams as high?

Most of the highest notes on CD are G#5. That high note at the 2006 VMA is a sharp g#5, very close to a#5.

Neemo wrote:

well in terms of a guitar an octave is every 12 frets....ie the top string is an E5 note and then on the 12th fret i beleive that that note is an E4...could be wrong though my theory isnt that great....all i know is that E5 is the root note in standard tuning and the rest of the strings are A5,D5, G5, B5, E4 (?)
and a normal guitar doesnt reach 4 octaves cuz there are 22 frets but richards 24 fret LP thingy does...

GNR's normal tuning is one step flat starting at Eb5 (or F#5) ... whatever ... same difference 10

anyway i think i'm right...maybe someone who knows what they are talking about can tell me if i'm wrong or not big_smile

Check here:
interactivefrequencycha.png

Board footer